• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Creating WSDL

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have couple of questions:

1. Are there any tools available which will convert a SOAP to WSDL? I found one when I googled which was an XSL but it doesn't work

2. I manually created a WSDL but I am getting error on namespace on Rational Application Developer editor:

For example how would I write the WSDL for the following SOAP Body? Without the namespace I can get it fine:

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why not start with a Java Class, instead of SOAP.

Write a Java Class, with appropriate methods, and then use 'java2wsdl' command available in Axis2. You will find it in <AXIS2_HOME>\bin\ dir.

This is a good way to arrive at wsdl.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Well i don't think we would be able to create a full wsdl file based on a SOAP XML due to the following reasons

Its not necessary that the SOAP XML that you have would contain all the parameters that are supported by the wsdl as many optional parameters/Tags might be missing from the SOAP request or the SOAP response XML

Also the wsdl may support multiple web service operations so each operation will have a separate set of request and response SOAP XML's hence based on a single SOAP XML it would be hard to derive the complete wsdl file

M Rama
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

James Ward wrote:Why not start with a Java Class, instead of SOAP.

Write a Java Class, with appropriate methods, and then use 'java2wsdl' command available in Axis2. You will find it in <AXIS2_HOME>\bin\ dir.

This is a good way to arrive at wsdl.

Hi James,
I would still have the same problem if I create the Java Class. How would I get the appropriate name spaces? I can create the wsdl fine without the namespace. Any thoughts on how this needs to be implemented in Java Class?

M Rama
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Hemanth H Bhat wrote:Well i don't think we would be able to create a full wsdl file based on a SOAP XML due to the following reasons

Its not necessary that the SOAP XML that you have would contain all the parameters that are supported by the wsdl as many optional parameters/Tags might be missing from the SOAP request or the SOAP response XML

Also the wsdl may support multiple web service operations so each operation will have a separate set of request and response SOAP XML's hence based on a single SOAP XML it would be hard to derive the complete wsdl file

Hi Hemanth,
While I agree with what you say, generating wsdl for that particular SOAP would be handy and if there are multiple SOAPs, it could be manually merged. But I digress.

Any thoughts on my original question?

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic