• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

deadline for SCEA is very close what i should do ?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
im planing to take SCEA part 1 at the end of this month.but im shocked that the deadline for all parts is September 30, 2011
from official oracle website
http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=449

i dont know what to do after passing part 1 since im an employee the most of my time in my job.so i need enough time for part 2 may be full 6 months.but i will have only 2 months.
Please advise.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It depends on your skills , experience. As I purchased the second part at the beginning of April I even didn't know about the deadline of August (now postponed to October). But as I read it, I firstly thought 4 months are not enough even with my experience of nearly 10 years, as I really planned to spend only some hours each Saturday. So I looked for many advises. But then I told my self : simply start. So I spent 2-3 hours daily after work in the first 2 weeks (I also have family and son) and after 2.5 weeks I have done nearly everything. Then I spent another 1.5 weeks correcting something and writing down some thoughts. After 4 weeks I didn't have something to write and took part 3 on May 6. I think I spent between 45 and 55 hours for part 2 and only few hours for part 3, simply reading this forum preparing myself for the questions
Of course I tried to find a compromize between good assignment and chance to resubmit it till August. You don't have this chance, because it now takes more than 2 month to grade. But if you'll work daily on assignment you'll do it. It's worth doing it, as you won't need any expensive preparation course for upgrades and I hope, that J2EE 6 Certification will be offered soon. I don't think there will be many programmers wanting to be certified paying so much money for the preparation course, so this certification will be even more valuable for sure

Hope I could help

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Spend time on weekends ?

hani Ibrahim
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
i can spend in weekends up to 6 hours in 2 days is that ok for 8 weekends?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
New Date for Implementation of Sun Hands-On Course Requirement

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hani,
It depends on your experience. If you have enough experience, it is plenty of time. Take a look at my blog post where I itemize how much time I spent. If you don't count the weeks I did nothing, I finished in four weeks.

This guy is skipping without a rope. At least, that's what this tiny ad said:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic