• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Job cuts

Ranch Hand
Debian Fedora Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
i'm a Java Developer with 1.7 year Experienced , i cleared last sunday [A company], still waiting for offer letter , i have lost my patience ,(Called Today)they are saying, the new VP has announced JOB Cuts !
I lost job , the job i was working also lost(due to some other parameters) ! , Can i take chance working with part time job ? , can it give healthy career ? !!

Please specify few part time job sites

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Arun,

I feel sorry for your job loss. I don't have much idea on part time. You can see Javaken for Java job openings in India.

Arun Giridharan
Ranch Hand
Debian Fedora Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's really unfortunate for me and there is(right now) no opening for 1+ , i just see 3+ in javaken .

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You need some more patience and a bit of persistence. It is really hard to find another job with 1.7 years of experience. I have noticed that you need at least 2 years for most companies. Sometimes they do consider 2.5+ years of experience as valid for a job opening with 3 years as the criteria. Even though I am not sure of it, maybe you can try out for the 2 years experience requirements on job sites.

Bartender
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Arun Giridharan wrote:i'm a Java Developer with 1.7 year Experienced , i cleared last sunday [A company], still waiting for offer letter , i have lost my patience ,(Called Today)they are saying, the new VP has announced JOB Cuts !
I lost job ,

As much as I empathize with your situation, I cannot understand how you "lost" the job. You were not given the offer were you?
Lay offs/ job cuts are the way of life in the IT industry and they are here to stay.
I might suggest turning this time window into an opportunity by learning new/upgrading your skills or improving on your language/communication skills. Keep sending out resumes, put your network to use and dont loose faith.
Best of luck.

Arun Giridharan
Ranch Hand
Debian Fedora Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This site is Nice , work for cheap ! BabaJobs and some other similar sites.

You were not given the offer were you?

No , they said the new VP has announced Job Cuts !

Ranch Hand
Java Windows
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Arun Giridharan wrote:This site is Nice , work for cheap ! BabaJobs and some other similar sites.

You were not given the offer were you?

No , they said the new VP has announced Job Cuts !

Tell them to give the same in writing or in mail

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Arun,

You lost current job and potential job, so it's not the end of the world! Job market seems to be really good in India, and I am sure you will get a job soon. The important thing is not to loose hope, take it as an experience and there are thousands of IT companies in India. Somewhere, somebody is waiting for you to give you offer letter, you need to find them. Thats it

Also, do not worry about having less experience. You are close to 2 years (1.7 years) so there are many companies ready to provide opportunities. Keep trying, keep updating your skill set.

Probably you can try for job in any location across in India like Hyderabad, Bangalore, New Delhi, Chennai and places like Mumbai, Ahmedabad etc.

Good luck.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Is it wrong to round 1.7 years to 2?

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You can also add your experience with self-taught projects and open-source contribution as long as you clearly mention it.

Listen. That's my theme music. That's how I know I'm a super hero. That, and this tiny ad told me:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic