• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Websphere7 with Eclipse

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have Websphere7 and Eclipse (Version: Indigo Service Release 1) installed on my machine. Is it possible to configure websphere7 server in Eclipse? I have used RAD which has in built websphere servers configured, but not sure how to do this in Eclipse. Please advise.
Thanks

Ranch Hand
jQuery Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
MyEclipse is the only way other than RAD that I am aware of to get an embedded WebSphere Server; however, it is not free. Are you leveraging features that are container specific? If not, just leverage Tomcat 7 or Glassfish 3 embedded.

Amit K Jain
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Michael,
Thank you for your post. Actually I am in need to set up Open Office tool to create .doc on fly with dynamic data. Looking at the forum of Open Office, they provided the installation/user guide for NetBean and Eclipse. I selected Eclipse as I am bit familiar with this IDE than NetBean.

Now I am able to configure websphere7 in Eclipse after installing the plugins in Eclipse IDE. I am able to run the server in Eclipse and could run 'Hello Word' jsp. (i.e. test jsp).

With resolving server configuration issue, I see a weird error when I open a test jsp in IDE.
ERROR: The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:0

However, I can successfully run the jsp on server. Could you please advise what could be the reason for this error and the resolution for this?

Thank you
Amit

Amit K Jain
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
This is resolved. I had installed Websphere Java tool along with websphere 7 plugin which was causing the error. After unstalling the Webspher tool. issue is resolved.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic