• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

I want to inform our developers of the free webinar that you can join

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

All I have attended two webinars from Nokia and I would like you guys to register and join there those webinars. I hope that it will be helpful to develop your skills.

There are two JME related events ie related to Nokia Asha

and there are many other for Nokia X (android) and Nokia Lumia(Windows) related.

My only interest is to take JME to the next level by your help as it will be very good if you develop applications and can sell it too on their store.

You must attend the webinars on Nokia In App payments system that are on the NokiaX side so please learn as you will able to learn and earn.

And please code good useful apps and games after that. Or we can work together on some useful mobile software together.

And please do make good apps and expand Java apps base.

You will be able to target various levels of Java enabled mobiles.

If you want link, here it is

http://developer.nokia.com/events

Promote Java apps and games.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Maki Jav

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Taking JME to the next level? IMO, JME is pretty much dead on phones. Unless I'm mistaken, the only platform Nokia uses JME for is Symbian, the future of which beyond 2016 is rather in doubt, at least as far as Nokia is concerned. New devices running Symbian are also not forthcoming, definitely not from Nokia.

Can you elaborate where you see the future of JME on phones?

Maki Jav
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think that you had put all your interest in Android apps? Right.

I have read your discouraging posts earlier too.

So let me do what I can for those who love JME like me.

We are doing what we like and

Nokia Asha platform is an extension of JME and you have many things one would like to do with JME there. It may not compete Android but it comes close.

Attend webinars and see for yourself.

OR you might join their NokiaX webinars belong to Android development.

Maki Jav

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for pointing out the Asha platform, I had missed that it will have a future within Nokia/MS. I think it's legitimate to wonder about Microsoft's continued support for any Java-based platform, though.

I welcome responses to my posts, if you feel you have something to add or to correct. Or to answer my questions, of course :-)

Maki Jav
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for your response.

Are you saying that MS will not tolerate Java running on their Windows OS PCs?

Maki Jav

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Not at all. Having folks run Java on Windows doesn't cost them anything, and benefits them in not driving developers to use other platforms. That is completely different from having to license JME for each Asha phone they sell, when they already develop a higher end phone OS which -I'm quite sure of that- they would love to use on all of Nokia's phones eventually.

Maki Jav
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Anyone what to visualize and work with me?

I have some small useful apps.

Thanks,

Maki Jav

Maki Jav
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You mean I will have to get Oracle at their back ie Nokia, so that they keep on giving JME outlet to us?

No I don't think that Nokia is not that influenced by M$ as yet.

Thanks,

Maki Jav

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

You mean I will have to get Oracle at their back ie Nokia, so that they keep on giving JME outlet to us?

I don't understand what you're trying to say here; maybe you can rephrase it. If you somehow mix the use of JSE on Windows with the use of JME by Nokia, then I don't see much of a connection, as pointed out in my previous post.

Maki Jav
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
They have now three different platforms. Asha (JME and newer Nokia Asha platform), NokiaX(Android) and Lumia(Windows phone). All are being promoted with equal zeal along with their development and selling point of Nokia apps, ie, the apps store.

I did not understand what you were saying when you said that their have thier high end phones will be be using lower end phones too. What I gathered was, you said that all of their phones will be carrying windows os.

But if you think so, this is not the case.

Their apps store comprises 15 million downloads daily. And they have major Java apps there too.

Thanks,

Maki Jav

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

What I gathered was, you said that all of their phones will be carrying windows os. But if you think so, this is not the case.

I know it isn't. I said that I'm certain that Microsoft would love for it to be so, so that they don't have to pay license fees to Oracle. What's missing for that is a version of Windows Phone that runs on lower end devices. I'm sure that will be forthcoming, just like Android's most recent version lowered the hardware requirements for supported devices. Of course, Android is open source, so they can study what Google did to make that happen :-)

Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
... and now both Nokia Asha (based on Java ME) and Nokia X (based on Android) appear headed for the scrap heap - no more Java on Microsoft's mobile devices. And Lumia is indeed moving to the lower end of the spectrum with the 630/635.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic