Win a copy of Functional Reactive Programming this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

qn about VI on Jbuilder 2005

 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I was able to use jvi in Jbuilder9. When I use the same jar that goes into lib/ext directory, it does not work any more in Jbuilder 2005.

Can some one put a light into vi editor that works on Jbuilder 2005.
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I guess nobody cares...
 
Jeroen Wenting
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5093
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
the best thing to do under such circumstances is not to whine here about not getting a response but to contact the authors of the plugin and as them NICELY about the possible existence of an upgrade.

In 3 days I think you would have gotten a response of some sort, even if there was a weekend in between.
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jeroen Wenting:
the best thing to do under such circumstances is not to whine here about not getting a response but to contact the authors of the plugin and as them NICELY about the possible existence of an upgrade.

In 3 days I think you would have gotten a response of some sort, even if there was a weekend in between.


Jerone,

You have to look at the tone of your posts. No wonder you are still a ranchhand after about 3000 posts.

The plugin provider stopped development efforts after 2002.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34973
379
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Kishore,
It's also possible nobody replied because they don't know of a plugin for vi on JBuilder 2005. I certainly don't. I looked on google and didn't see anything, so it's possible there isn't one.

I happen to agree with Jeroen that your second post could have been worded differently. "Does anyone know of a plugin?" sounds better than implying nobody wants to help you. Remember that everyone here is a volunteer. I do agree that Jeroen could have worded his better too.

Jeanne
IDEs Forum Bartender
 
Carol Enderlin
drifter
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1364
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Using vi in an IDE, especially JBuilder ($$$$)? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.



I hope no one is offended. I switched to Eclipse after some peer pressure during pair programming. I was using vi and sqlplus. Now I use Eclipse and Toad. (I still do use vi and sqlplus on occasion, just not inside Eclipse and Toad).
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Carol Enderlin:
Using vi in an IDE, especially JBuilder ($$$$)? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.



I hope no one is offended. I switched to Eclipse after some peer pressure during pair programming. I was using vi and sqlplus. Now I use Eclipse and Toad. (I still do use vi and sqlplus on occasion, just not inside Eclipse and Toad).


What are you talking about. What is wrong with using a editor in a IDE.
FYI Jbuilder comes with Emacs editor.

Many of the developers I work with use either Vi or Emacs when working on Jbuilder. They now use vi plugin for Eclipse. They are all laughing at your comment...

[edited to remove curse word]
[ January 27, 2005: Message edited by: Jeanne Boyarsky ]
 
Carol Enderlin
drifter
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1364
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am glad you and other vi/emacs inside IDE users could get a chuckle based on my post.

I am spoiled by the features offered by the IDE editors such as code completion that to the best of my knowledge is not offered in vi. I love vi, but it just doesn't offer me what I get in my IDE editors.

I apologize for the confusion.
 
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1934
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Carol Enderlin:
I am glad you and other vi/emacs inside IDE users could get a chuckle based on my post.

I am spoiled by the features offered by the IDE editors such as code completion that to the best of my knowledge is not offered in vi. I love vi, but it just doesn't offer me what I get in my IDE editors.

I apologize for the confusion.


My vi in Jbuilder9 provides code completion.

You have to look into a vi/emacs plugin as additional functionality that comes in addition to what ever IDE already provides.

God, I am liking teaching a thing or two to novices.
 
Carol Enderlin
drifter
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1364
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What will they think of next. Ya learn something every day. Novice or not.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic