Win a copy of Micro Frontends in Action this week in the Server-Side JavaScript and NodeJS forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
  • Henry Wong
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • salvin francis
  • Frits Walraven
Bartenders:
  • Scott Selikoff
  • Piet Souris
  • Carey Brown

Eclipse Europa DevLoader Problem

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 69
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I have imported a modular maven project in eclipse which contains 5 webapp projects. Here is the top level pom



I have M2_REPO defined, to run from eclipse I am using the Sysdeo plugin, the source is JDK - 1.4 leve lcompliant and Tomcat used in Tomcat - 4.3.1

I have unzipped the DevLoad.zip file in the Sysdeo tomcat plugin to the server/classes directory of tomcat. All the web app projects have devloader option activated and all dependencies checked.
 
Anadi Misra
Ranch Hand
Posts: 69
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Cont...

When I launch tomcat through sysdeo, I see that certain modules are not available to these webapps even though they are enabled in the Tomcat settings for the projects

Here is the Error Trace


and following is the .tomcatPlugin file for the same module

 
Anadi Misra
Ranch Hand
Posts: 69
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

More on this, I have checked the "Enabled Modules" option for all these projects under the Maven Property Pages.

Any ideas what is going wrong here?
 
Anadi Misra
Ranch Hand
Posts: 69
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

Problem resolved.

I had checked both the framework/classes, commons/classes ; and along with it i had also checked the maven ide container and references ot the same jars of frameowkr and commons.

I unchecked ide container, and reference to the built jars and kept framework/classes and commons/classes . Everything works now
Though I still scratch my head on why was this preventing DevLoader to locate the class.
 
Message for you sir! I think it is a tiny ad:
Thread Boost feature
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic