Win a copy of Functional Reactive Programming this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

 
Hemanth H Bhat
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All

I am trying to post a message of 21MB (String message) on the JMS queue and i am getting the either of the following exception's during this .I am using weblogic 8.1 sp5

Kindly Note: I am successfully able to do this on the same version of weblogic server installed on my desktop machine with windows 2000 professional OS But when i am trying to do this on the UNIX OS(SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-25) the following error occurs

....I googled a lot for the solution but this only says me that it is an networking issue can any one of you exactly guide me as to what do i need to change in the settings of either the Unix sun OS or the weblogic server to do away with this exception

I would really appreciate your inputs on this

Exception 1

weblogic.jms.common.LostServerException: ; nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dispatchSyncNoTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:492)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.sendInternal(JMSProducer.java:391)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.send(JMSProducer.java:186)
at clsPostingMsg.main(clsPostingMsg.java:66)


Exception 2


weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Error sending message
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.sendInternal(JMSProducer.java:403)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.send(JMSProducer.java:186)
at clsPostingMsg.main(clsPostingMsg.java:66)
Caused by: weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteRuntimeException: Unexpected Exception - with nested exception:
[java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe]
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl_815_WLStub.dispatchSyncNoTranFuture(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherWrapperState.dispatchSyncNoTran(DispatcherWrapperState.java:472)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSProducer.sendInternal(JMSProducer.java:391)
 
Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 18303
56
Android Eclipse IDE Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
My definition of "message" is a little bit smaller than 21MB, so I'd suspect that you're overloading the transport mechanism and it's terminating transmission midway through. You might want to research recommended alternative ways to transmit that much data.

Also, of course, check the system, server, and client logs to see if there is any additional information available.
 
Hemanth H Bhat
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Tim for your Reply

I have found a solution for this problem and the problem is resolved

I made some configuration changes on the weblogic server as below

Click on the Name of the server (On which you have deployed your application and queues etc...)in the left Pane

Goto --> Protocols-->General--> Advanced Options
Increase the following Parameters

Complete Message Timeout:
Idle Connection Timeout:
Maximum Message Size:

After these changes i am not getting the Exception and its working fine as desired

Thanks
Hemanth
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic