I have one question about Java
on Mac OSX.
After spending some hours at : http://developer.apple.com/java/
And got some questions :
1. Why Apple's version of Java SDK is smaller than Linux and Windows version ?
No demo dir for example ?
Is Apple implementation of Java SDK is identical to Sun implementaion (No difference at all in functionality) ?
2. There is dir called : /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/
This dir contatins 3 or 4 versions of Java SDK, How to specify Java SDK 5 as my default SDK ?
3. There is also a dir called : /Library/Java/Extensions/
In this dir, we put Java jars.
It seems to me that Apple has changed the structure of Java SDK, is it true ?
4. I read about Application bundle in Mac OSX.
It seems to me that it allow us to create executable jar files (like exe on Windows), right ?
Well, it seems great if true.
5. Any good online tutorials about how to install Java SDK on Mac OSX ?
I'm really sorry guys for my questions about Mac OS X, but I'm trying to collect as possible information as I can.
(Please note that I'm talking about SDK not JRE)
[ May 05, 2005: Message edited by: John Todd ]