Thompson Technologies has a unique opportunity with a J2EE / Microsoft Certified Gold Partner Consulting firm with 3 positions available in the Los Angeles area.
So what�s so unique?
- Many salaried consulting positions require 100% travel. Our client's consultants typically travel less then 30% of time
- Many consulting companies have an ambiguous Bonus Program that you "might" get. Our client's bonus program is set up in such a way that you will be paid additional compensation monthly and annually based on your specific time contributions and utilization. NO SURPRISES! You have direct control over your income.
- How about an allowance to pay for the expensive Gym Membership you were dreaming about? They have that too.
- Not to mention working for an organization with World Class standards in Software Development.
Want to hear more? Read on.
Thompson Technologies currently has an opening for a J2EE Developer and a J2EE Architect in the Los Angeles, CA area.
We are seeking candidates with 5 to 7 years of application development experience with J2EE including experience with different levels of the following.
- 3+ years of end-to-end J2EE n-tier application design including the use of GoF and J2EE design patterns. Data design experience including logical and physical models and security experience designing and implementing authorization and authentication infrastructures for enterprise applications.
- 4+ years of experience developing web applications involving the use of JSP, JSF, JSTL, Struts, Tiles, SpringMVC, or other MVC frameworks
- 3+ years of experience developing middle-tier solutions using session and/or entity EJB, POJO frameworks (Spring, Pico), web services
- Familiarity with development and deployment processes for one or more of the following J2EE application servers: BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Sun Java System App Server (formerly Sun ONE App Server)
- Strong familiarity with JDBC and SQL. Must have experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures for one or more of the following RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL
- Prior knowledge of ORM tools such as Hibernate, TopLink, iBATIS a plus
- Familiarity with J2SE 5 and Java EE (JEE) 5, including Java Persistence API and EJB 3.0 a plus
-Strong ability to work in a customer interfacing environment.
- Willingness to write code
- Candidates should possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong verbal and communication skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25-50% (Most people are traveling less then 30% of the time) of the time within a given region. Travel could be Monday through Friday at client sites.
- Systems are built using the latest technologies including J2EE, Java, Enterprise JavaBeans, Oracle, SQL Server, .Net and C# to name a few.
- Competitive salaries, bonus plans and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, and vision.
-401K Matching Plan starts immediately (Matching 6%)
Thompson Technologies has been named several times as one of the fastest-growing companies in the country by Inc. 500. We have recently been selected as one of Atlanta's 50 fastest growing companies by the Atlanta Business Chronicle! Our growth is due mainly to a partnering approach with our Clients. We are focused on making our Clients successful, and we do it with honesty and integrity.
Tick check! Okay, I guess that was just an itch. Oh wait! Just a tiny ad:
SKIP - a book about connecting industrious people with elderly land owners