All: I tried one examples from O'Reilly Chapter 9 - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaxml/chapter/ch09.xml (Examples 9-1 and 9-2) by creatint the ChapterOne.xml and <<associated file>>.xsl files. This is supposed to convert the XML to a PDF file. However, when I open ChapterOne.xml using the browser, I get only one line type="text/xslfo" What is wrong? I have no clue. Can anyone help me?
Frank: Thanks for the link. I am using Cocoon 1.8.2 but I still couldn't get it working. I think I have something wrong in the setup. I followed the Cocoon instructions but could not find out what is wrong. My cocoon directory is c:\cocoon and my build directory with all the cocoon classes are in C:\Cocoon\build directory. I have created a cocoon directory under c:\tomcat\webapps and have copied the necessary .jar files from c:\cocoon\lib to c:\tomcat\lib and also copied the samples directory from c:\cocoon to c:\tomcat\samples. Besides these, is there anything else I should do? Any specific settings in web.xml under c:\tomcat\webapps\cocoon\web-inf? Any suggestions?
[This message has been edited by Viji Bharat (edited February 02, 2001).]
posted 19 years ago
Hi Viji, Are you able to see Cocoon.xml in your browser? This indicates that your cocoon setup is ok. Displaying ChapterOne.xml is a separate problem. The file shold display correctly in Netscape but in IE there is non standard implementation. I made a change to web.xml file that you mentioned. I added a line near the end something like <urlpattern>*.pdf</urlpattern> just like the *.xml line. This tells tomcat to use cocoon to display .pdf files. Change the name of the ChapterOne.xml file to ChapterOne.pdf Hopefully your pdf should display ok. frank
posted 19 years ago
Frank: I get this error when I try to view Cocoon.xml from my browser (IE 5.0). Any suggestions to correct this error? Viji Publishing Engine could not be initialized. java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating " org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor" : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: See http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:124) at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80) at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:109) at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java:179) at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:232) at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:157) at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317) at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215) at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296) at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:254) at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372) at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797) at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743) at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210) at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416) at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Frank: I reinstalled cocoon 1.8.2 and made the necessary changes to server.xml, web.xml etc. but still I get the error "Publishing engine could not be initialized". If any of you had the same problem and found a way to correct this error, please let me know how you corrected the problem. Viji