I was getting cannot resolve symbol when I was trying to compile (what I thought was) a simple program to use the importNode method of the org.w3c.dom.Document class. I had an existing DOM Document that I wanted to put nodes from a new DOM document into. For example I had something like this:
By reading the documentation for importNode I thought it would be easy, but I got the above "cannot resolve symbol" error. At first I thought it was an old version of Xerces, but upgrading didn't change it. What I discovered was that by putting the xerces.jar first in my classpath (before J2EE, for instance), the problem was fixed. :rolleyes I guess some other library had an older version of org.w3c.dom.Document. --Kai M.