Originally posted by Allan Lykke Christensen:
- Allows the application to be easily used on many platforms
- Allows the application to be used by many people at the same time
- Allows the application to be accessed at geographical separate locations
- Web applications does not support sophisticated user interaction
- Web applications are stateless (making it complicated to maintain the state in the application).
- Browser-hell (The developers end up spending much more time trying to get it to look and work properly in the many browsers and browser-versions.)
- Off-line users without Internet connection can't get access to the system (which can cause a lot of problems for off-side users who need to make changes in the system and replicate them when they get back to the office).