Win a copy of The Business Blockchain this week in the Cloud forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Passed SCJP 1.4 with 96%

 
Prakash Reddy
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All

I managed to crack SCJP with 96%.
Im working as a Software Engineer in an MNC in Bangalore.
The exam was indeed easier than i expected.

I would like to thank Kathie & Bert for their invaluable book without which it would be impossible.
I also refered Khalid Mughal.

Ill be more than happy to help others achieve the same.

Regards,

Prakash Reddy
9886744610

 
Tarun Rai
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Prakash

Great work Done yar ...
I still remember you grumbling before the exam.
Now you must be satisfied.

Cheers!!!

 
Vijendra Runwal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 52
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats !!!
Can you please help me by guiding on how to go about for scjp1.4.
I have knowledge of core java.
I wanna know about time required for preparation and all other certification related stuff.I can devote atmost 2-3 hours a day for preparation.

once again congratulations for your achievement.
 
Prashil Wasnik
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hearly congration for your achievement!
I am preparing SCJP 1.2. Finding problem in AWT and other packages. How should i approach for them.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashil Wasnik
 
Prakash Reddy
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Vijendra Runwal:
Congrats !!!
Can you please help me by guiding on how to go about for scjp1.4.
I have knowledge of core java.
I wanna know about time required for preparation and all other certification related stuff.I can devote atmost 2-3 hours a day for preparation.

once again congratulations for your achievement.


First of all u need to go through the book written by kathie sierra and bert bates completly. Dont skip any topic in the book .That book is awesome. After reading each chapter try to answer the questions that are at the end of the chapter.
If u understand everything in that book then u will surely score 75% .
Then read selected topics in khalid mughal book.
I found the chapters on Exceptions ,looping , operators and assignments, initializers in khalid mughal very helpful.
Finally try to solve questions which are posted on this website:
http://www.danchisholm.net/july21/mybook/index.html

You need one month of serious preparation for this.
Wish u all the best.
 
Prakash Reddy
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Prashil Wasnik:
Hearly congration for your achievement!
I am preparing SCJP 1.2. Finding problem in AWT and other packages. How should i approach for them.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashil Wasnik


Sorry Prashil I cant help u in this regard.Since java 1.4 exam does not include topics on AWT and related packages I have not studied or worked on them.
 
navya singh
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi prakash

Congrats on your achievement.
So how long did u take to prepare for the test.
Am planning to take it up myself.Actually i have already started preparing for it.
where in bangalore do u stay???
I am also working for an MNC here.
can i mail u with queries??
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3371
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratz !
 
Prakash Reddy
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by navya singh:
Hi prakash

Congrats on your achievement.
So how long did u take to prepare for the test.
Am planning to take it up myself.Actually i have already started preparing for it.
where in bangalore do u stay???
I am also working for an MNC here.
can i mail u with queries??


thanks navya
Dont hesitate to mail me.You can contact me any time....Feel free to ask any doubts...
By the way I stay near hebbal... rest I will tell u when u mail me.
 
navya singh
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hey ya i will definately contact u
rather will call you
Thanks for being willing to help me...
 
Prakash Reddy
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Niranjan Shetty:
Hi Prakash

Great work Done yar ...
I still remember you grumbling before the exam.
Now you must be satisfied.

Cheers!!!



Hey thanks a lot Buddy ..
Finally after all the fuss .. I did it ...
Ur tips and advices were invaluable ...
Thanks for being there bro ..
Cheers !!!




 
navya singh
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Prakash

can u tell me for how many hours a day u devoted to study for this certification. As due to work i dont find a lot of time to devote to this study.
 
Prakash Reddy
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by navya singh:
Hi Prakash

can u tell me for how many hours a day u devoted to study for this certification. As due to work i dont find a lot of time to devote to this study.


Hi Navya

I used to spend two hours everyday for study.
I used to read for 90 minutes and then practice on the system for 30 minutes.
Are u working on a java project?
 
navya singh
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Prakash

Actually i am working on a dot net project right now but i am deeply interested in java.
Guess u worked hard to get such a good result.Hope i can do the same.
Did a lot of people help you?
You must be working on java right?
 
Prakash Reddy
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by navya singh:
Hi Prakash

Actually i am working on a dot net project right now but i am deeply interested in java.
Guess u worked hard to get such a good result.Hope i can do the same.
Did a lot of people help you?
You must be working on java right?


Hi Navya

I appreciate your interest in java.Hope u get the same result as mine.
I am working on a java project .
I think it will be better for u to start with Kathy Siera & Bert Bates book. Even if u havent worked on java you will understand the concepts if u go through this book. But dont skip any topic in this book.
This book has been of great help to me.
 
Bert Bates
author
Sheriff
Posts: 8905
5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fantastic job Prakash!

Now that you're an official "Java Expert" we hope you'll stick around the ranch and answer some questions

Bert
 
Prakash Reddy
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Bert Bates:
Fantastic job Prakash!

Now that you're an official "Java Expert" we hope you'll stick around the ranch and answer some questions

Bert


Thanks Bates.
I will contribute what ever I can to this awesome forum.
I love your HeadFirst books.You guys have a great sense of humour.

Prakash
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic