First of all, Thanks to Ranchers for providing useful material/suggestions.
I have about one year experience in developing the web services (NOT using SUN JWSDP though, mostly Axis, Weblogic, Oracle9ias ..) and some experience with XML, JAXP, JAXB.. I never worked with JAXR,UDDI, WS-Security..
I spent about 2 months (4 hours a day, approximately) for the preparation.
- I did go through some parts of SOAP/WS-I Basic Profile/WSDL spec docs. But they are very exhaustive.. If you get time, just run though.. But most of the important rules are covered in XZYWS and Mikalai Zaikin Study material.
- SCDJWS Whizlabs.
Few Tips: =========
(1) Remember the code snippets to use JAXP api (DocumentBuilderFactory, SAXParserFactory, TransformerFactory.. and setting the namespace/validation properties..etc)
(2) Code snippets for using SAAJ API (ConnectionFactory, MessageFactory, getting the SOAPBody ..etc)
(3) Code snippets to query/update using JAXR API
(4) Code snippets to make web service calls using Stub/Call interfaces..
(5) Understand how WSDL is structured (purpose of all elements and how they are organized)
(6) Though UDDI/JAXR goes over your head, just understand the info models (businessEntity, businessService..etc and relationship with JAXR Java Objects..)
Remember one thing the topics are wide-open, so they can ask anything.. But what I believe is they are checking the conceptual knowledge in each area..
OK now one last comment, on SCDJWS Whizlabs material. This is just my personal opinion and it is not meant to hurt anyone around here.. Whizlabs material is NOT WORTH of its price..