i supposed to say that i passed the scjp exam with 68% in this year Feb. but i cannot because i dont have a idea how the exam will be.
I just want to let others to know the mistakes that i have done while preparing for the exam.
* I didnt do any mock exams
* I dont have a good learning material for scjp.(There are some materials available in the internet, but when i'm taking the exams i dot know about those materials and i dont have financial background to go for classes at that time)
* I studyed dip in java and i thought that would be enough to take tahe exam
* My lecturer and some other people said me that SCJP is a simple exam and they are just testing about oop and programming logic. so i thought since i have practical knowledge in the oop i can do the exam. i can develop applications using swings and database, but in scjp those are not tested.
* Finally the big mistake was i thought to postpond the exam for 4 weeks, since i didnt even touch java due to my university studies and went to the Examination center only 2 days before. They said they already arranged for the exam on that date and if i want to change the date i should have let them know before 4 days of time.
so i dont have enough time to prepare for the exam at last. just studyed for two days and that is after one year i studyed java in class. Did the exam with my best and got only 68%. I'm very very happy with my results for two reasons
1. i passed the exam
2. I did the best and got the best marks in oop and java fundametals.
i got very low marks for collections, threads and assertions. Actually i dont even know those are in scjp exam and i dont know about them very much before doing the exam.
Now i can do J2SE and J2EE very well in any sections and all its happen because of the low marks in the scjp exam.
i just want to let all know that, SCJP exam is bit easy if you prepared well.use study materials and mock exams to learn and evaluate your level. otherwise you may fail in the exam.
Now i'm planning to do scwcd exam in 2 months time and i'm going to prepare for that from the end of next month. I need help from those who have done scwcd exams before and i need their guidence to do the best.