• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

I propose doubleMO  RSS feed

 
Gue Vie
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i.e. Meaningless Only for Moderators Only (about meaningless but not about personal). Only one MO is absolutely not enough and moderators do not leave any chance for other people to be meaningless also.
G. V�nin
PS.I just can imagine what is going on in MO!
[This message has been edited by Gue Vie (edited January 03, 2002).]
 
Angela Poynton
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3143
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I would say 80% of threads in MO are about actualy moderation tasks .. i.e. requests to sheriffs to move threads to appropriate forums, or to lock out certain accounts, of the other 20% I would say 15% are about other Javaranch business; projects, problems with outages, discussions about new forums and potential bartenders etc. The rest well that just consists of private Birthday congratulations, attempts at some get-togethers, news of people not being around for whatever reason and updates on how Paul's Farm is getting along. It's actually not as much fun as you may think ... why do you think so many of us spend so much time in MD?
 
Cindy Glass
"The Hood"
Sheriff
Posts: 8521
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What are you talking about? Who is stopping you from being meaningless?? Probably just lack of practice on your part.
As for us, we are first and foremost just plain USERS of JavaRanch, and MD is part of the fun around here. Just because we agreed to do extra chores for the ranch should not mean that we are excluded from the fun stuff.
If you don't like the threads that the moderators get silly in - ignore those threads and start your own .
 
Thomas Paul
mister krabs
Ranch Hand
Posts: 13974
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
And if we do start a meaningless thread in MO it is moved to MD by the moderator of MO.
 
Joel Cochran
Ranch Hand
Posts: 301
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Not to go too far off topic, but why aren't Cindy and Tom identified as Bartenders anymore? Both of their user IDs show them as Ranch Hands...
[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Joel Cochran ]
 
Angela Poynton
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3143
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Joel Cochran:
Not to go too far off topic, but why aren't Cindy and Tom identified as Bartenders anymore? Both of their user IDs show them as Ranch Hands...


Just one bug we need to iron out after the upgrade. No doubt it'll be fixed soon.
 
Thomas Paul
mister krabs
Ranch Hand
Posts: 13974
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Joel Cochran:
Not to go too far off topic, but why aren't Cindy and Tom identified as Bartenders anymore? Both of their user IDs show them as Ranch Hands...
We were demoted for spending too much time in MD.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Thomas Paul ]
 
paul wheaton
Trailboss
Posts: 22537
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java
 
paul wheaton
Trailboss
Posts: 22537
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The word is that moderators are only labeled as moderators in the forums that they moderate!
 
paul wheaton
Trailboss
Posts: 22537
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Check out what I did to my own account!
 
Cindy Glass
"The Hood"
Sheriff
Posts: 8521
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Not Fair I don't have the option of changing my member status.
 
paul wheaton
Trailboss
Posts: 22537
Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It's totally fair. He who pays for the software gets to monkey with it.
 
Fei Ng
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1245
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hehehehe...

trailboss ?? what are YOU??
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!