Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

If you are in Europe.

 
Vitaliy Shevchuk
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you are in Europe, it's cheaper to buy the vouchers directly from US.
For example, SCEA part II would cost 334 Euro (=330$) instead of 250 $. It is a shame.
Anyway, there is a solution.
Good luck
Vitaliy Shevchuk
PS. Just passed SCEA Part I- 95%.
 
Rufus BugleWeed
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1551
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
95% that's pretty good. Common Architechture is a problem category. It's hard to nail down what that's about.
How much architecting experience do you have?
What did you use for preparation materials?
I see you posted your results in that other forum. We don't like that. It makes it too hard to search for discussions like I hope we're going to have.
 
Seid Myadiyev
Ranch Hand
Posts: 196
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It would be very helpful but this is what I heard from Sun!
Hello,
Vouchers are not valid internationally. You will need to purchase a voucher in
the country that you wish to test in.
Regards,
Monica Green
------------- Begin Forwarded Message -------------
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:55:20 -0600 (MDT)
From: Lynne Davis <Lynne.Davis@sun.com>
Subject: Re: A comment from . about [Training]
To: who2contact@central.sun.com
Cc: SES-dailymail@sun.com, lynne.davis@sun.com
 
Barry Gaunt
Ranch Hand
Posts: 7729
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Are you buying the vouchers one-by-one, or together in a packet for all three exams?
Swiss SunEd want total cash up-front for all three vouchers!
-Barry
 
Vitaliy Shevchuk
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
>How much architecting experience do you have?
Not much - a couple of projects.
>What did you use for preparation materials?
I bought a book at Amazon.com: "Sun Cerified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Exam". Nice book. I recomend it.
>I see you posted your results in that other
>forum. We don't like that. It makes it too h
>hard to search for discussions like I hope we're
>going to have.
The main idea of this posting was the price difference in Europe and US.(I still hate SUN for that). However, on the other forum I anonced my result. Anyway, sorry for inconviniences
Best wishes,
Vit.
 
Vitaliy Shevchuk
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
>Vouchers are not valid internationally. You will
>need to purchase a voucher in
>the country that you wish to test in.
I phoned to US Sun Education and bought a voucher for the SCEA Part2 without any problems. Probably, because for part 2 your location is not important. Just download and upload you assignment from wherever you want.
Vit.
 
Vitaliy Shevchuk
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
>Are you buying the vouchers one-by-one, or
>together in a packet for all three exams?
One-by-one. I bought the first one in France, the second in US by phone.
>Swiss SunEd want total cash up-front for all
>three vouchers!
Unbeleivable! And what if you someone fail the first part? The money will be lost? What if someone chande his mind?
If I were you, I'd contact SUN Education in US and ask them to explain it.
Vit.
 
Alex Pisarev
Ranch Hand
Posts: 49
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Seid Myadiyev:
[QB]It would be very helpful but this is what I heard from Sun!
Hello,
Vouchers are not valid internationally. You will need to purchase a voucher in
the country that you wish to test in.
Regards,
Monica Green
------------- Begin Forwarded Message ------------
Seid, nice to meet you old friend. You can use voucher purchased anywhere in any place you want. For example, I was buying vouchers in the UK and passing tests in Ireland.
Alex
 
Alex Pisarev
Ranch Hand
Posts: 49
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Vitaliy Shevchuk:
[QB]>How much architecting experience do you have?
Not much - a couple of projects.
>What did you use for preparation materials?
I bought a book at Amazon.com: "Sun Cerified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Exam". Nice book. I recomend it.

What's so nice in it? It looks like a schoolboy's compilation of most basic "surface-level" articles. Not enough information to become a real-life architect, of course.
Alex
 
Vitaliy Shevchuk
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Alex Pisarev:

What's so nice in it? It looks like a schoolboy's compilation of most basic "surface-level" articles. Not enough information to become a real-life architect, of course.
Alex

Exactly! The book is good to prepare for the exam. To become an Architect you need more. I completely agree with you. Books like that allows anybody to pass exam, without becoming the real Architect. BUT it is still a great book to prepare for the exam.
Vit.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic