Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

results dont come

 
tery valencia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 47
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

Tomorrow is a sad date. It s been 8 weeks i m waiting for the results and the prometric staff does not answer me to the numerous emails i sent.

How can i obtain my results ???

This makes me think to Theodore 's story

I took part III on 9th of September ...

pffff

any help ?

tery
 
Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1902
Hibernate Netbeans IDE PHP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Wow. I'm famous, apparently. (Or infamous as the case may be.)

First, I'd check i7 and see what the status of the exam is. It should show that your Part II score is pending (or at least acknowledge receipt of it.) Make sure that it's listed there in some fashion. If it is, and Prometric's not answering your emails (remember that they warn it might take 2 business days to respond), then go to Sun Education's pages and call their contact number - the people I spoke to there were very good about getting results and I had my scores by the end of the business day that I contacted them. (Granted, it had been months already since I sent in my test.)

I'd bear in mind that they warn you in advance about scoring taking 4-8 weeks, so in theory, they have until November 7th (first business day after the 8 weeks) before they're "late"...
 
Scott Swett
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sun CertManager's FAQ says:

Question:
How long does it take to receive a grade for my performance based exam?

Answer:
"...Your exam results will show up in the Certification database within 4 weeks after taking the essay at Prometric...."

Yesterday, at four weeks for me, I E-mailed them just to confirm that they weren't waiting for anything else from me. Prometric wrote back and said that they show I uploaded my assignment on 9/27, and took the essay exam on 9/28, but they had neglected to actually pass them on to Sun yet to grade (yes, they actually admitted this).

Isn't that their only freakin' job? I wrote back quite a large list of how they've screwed something up with each and every one of my Sun certifications, and how I cringe at the thought of now having to deal with them for my Oracle certs. No accountabilty what-so-ever. Where can I land me a job like that???
 
tery valencia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 47
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Theodore Casser:
Wow. I'm famous, apparently. (Or infamous as the case may be.)

First, I'd check i7 and see what the status of the exam is. It should show that your Part II score is pending (or at least acknowledge receipt of it.) Make sure that it's listed there in some fashion. If it is, and Prometric's not answering your emails (remember that they warn it might take 2 business days to respond), then go to Sun Education's pages and call their contact number - the people I spoke to there were very good about getting results and I had my scores by the end of the business day that I contacted them. (Granted, it had been months already since I sent in my test.)

I'd bear in mind that they warn you in advance about scoring taking 4-8 weeks, so in theory, they have until November 7th (first business day after the 8 weeks) before they're "late"...


I have some answers from prometric but it s a copy/paste of a model they sent to ask you to shut up ... pfff

I think i ll call ...

theodore, do you have the url of this page ? sun 's site is so messy.

thx

tery
 
Michael Zhao
Ranch Hand
Posts: 77
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
"thank you for your continued patience ", that is SUN said to me.

I waited for 13 weeks and at last got the result. so I think you need to wait several weeks maybe,

the assignment Url you need to check first for the score is not i7.. , it is http://www.certmanager.net/sun_assignment
 
Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1902
Hibernate Netbeans IDE PHP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Weishe Zhao:
"thank you for your continued patience ", that is SUN said to me.

I waited for 13 weeks and at last got the result. so I think you need to wait several weeks maybe,


Well, the only way I finally got my result was after calling Sun Education - Prometric kept giving me the 'thank you for your patience' messages. Pft.

Just depends on who you try to reach. At a certain point, I found Prometric wasn't helping, and that the 'manager' they had referred the case to wasn't answering emails. Just easier to go to the source.
 
Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1902
Hibernate Netbeans IDE PHP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by tery valencia:


I think i ll call ...

theodore, do you have the url of this page ? sun 's site is so messy.


Sorry, didn't notice this at first. *blush* The wife and I were out of town for a wedding this weekend and I'm still getting back up to speed.

Try here - they have links to the various contact-us pages.
 
tery valencia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 47
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Theodore Casser:


Sorry, didn't notice this at first. *blush* The wife and I were out of town for a wedding this weekend and I'm still getting back up to speed.

Try here - they have links to the various contact-us pages.


arghhh i uploaded Part II the 23th of august ...i took part III on 9th of september ...

and

.....

"Your upload was received, and your assignment was sent to the assessor for grading on 2005-10-31. It will be 2-4 weeks from the date your assignment was sent to the assessor before your scores will be reflected at the assignment watcher database {http://www.certmanager.net/sun_assignment}."

What should i understand ???

Prometric kept my assignment and/or part III nearly two before sending it for grading ??? is it real ???


tery
 
Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1902
Hibernate Netbeans IDE PHP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by tery valencia:

What should i understand ???

Prometric kept my assignment and/or part III nearly two before sending it for grading ??? is it real ???


And now y'all know how I felt when that happened. (I took the test on 28 June '05 and they sent it to the assessor on 29 July '05.) Prometric seems to occasionally let things slip through the cracks, and I'd wonder if there's not something wrong with their notification system for when Part II is uploaded and mated to Part III. But be patient, give them about the 8 weeks to see if they can't get it graded, and once that expires, start bothering them again.
 
tery valencia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 47
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Theodore Casser:

I took the test on 28 June '05 and they sent it to the assessor on 29 July '05.


yeah that s one month ... for me , almost two !!!

i can not imagine , getting a negative result after this ...


tery
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic