Grade: P Score: 94 Comment: This report shows the total points that could have been awarded in each section and the actual amount of points you were awarded. This information is provided in order to give you feedback on your relative strengths on a section basis. The maximum number of points you could have received is 100, minimum to pass is 70. Class Diagram (44 maximum) .......................... 44 Component Diagram (44 maximum) ...................... 38 Sequence/Colloboration Diagrams (12 maximum) ........ 12
Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions:
- it took 26 days to grade - part III not graded on the test history site yet - exam score for part II showed up at certmanager site first
- sequence diagrams were attacked first - all other diags flowed from here - 4 core diagrams for 4 required use cases - broke out pay for itenerary into two for two different types of pymt. - showed external systems/other use cases/users as actors
- class diagram - evolved with other diagrams - extension of bdm - approx 20-25 classes
- component diagram - fairly large - not as large as prepare itenerary page - only had 1 diagram: hybrid between component and deployment diagram - showed all my major patterns here - included front controller pattern for ALL front end technologies - used Cade's as a guide but didn't use much from it
- not quite sure yet why I lost points here...still pondering it.
- assumptions doc - about 12 pages - included the same thing as many others on this site. - used JAAS - important: only provided enough information to convey my thoughts, limited myself when I got too low into implementation details - didn't want to pick something and have it not be correct rather, I chose the high level concepts and worked at that level.
- business topics - I DID NOT get mired in the details of a segment/flight/etc/etc. - I kept the bdm the same and made appropriate "high level" assumptions accordingly.
Again, can't believe I did so well when I did not expect to.
I spent about 2 hours on it a night for month and then I had more time to dedicate to it, about 8 hours a day for another 3 weeks...finally reached the end and just submitted it rather than agonize any more.
Hopefully I haven't divulged too much. Ask away and I will answer what I can and I sure Ajith will keep me honest
1. How to show a ‘composite entity’ pattern on the composite diagram ? 2. How many external subsystems were there in your application ? 3. In the component diagram if all the JSPs are shown together as one unit , then that unit should be shown as a package or a component ? 4. Should we show the DTOs on the component Diagram ?
1. How to show a �composite entity� pattern on the composite diagram ?
1. I think you mean the component diagram, and I would think that you can show that by showing you entity beans and any other objects associated fairly easily.
2. I think only 1 or 2. 1 was reached via RPC (see requirements for Transmaster) and the other was reached via jdbc.
3. I showed JSP's as one object interacting with my front controller layer...I also listed in a note (in the component) the names of the jsp's. there were really only 5 or 6 - did the same thing with the other front end technology.
4. Didn't have DTO's, had DAO's...and did not show them on the diagram while I DID show the processor objects (see Cade's book for examples).
posted 14 years ago
1. How to show a �composite entity� pattern on the composite diagram ? 2. How many external subsystems were there in your application ? 3. In the component diagram if all the JSPs are shown together as one unit , then that unit should be shown as a package or a component ? 4. Should we show the DTOs on the component Diagram ?
This was the original list of questions that didn't paste properly in the previous comment when I tried to bold it.
posted 14 years ago
score on Part I: 71 score on Part II: 94
didn't study very much for part I spent a lot of time in part II
1. Where did you show patterns like : AbstractFactory and such ? Or do you think is it not necesairy to have this kind of low level patterns ?
2. For the MVC model, did you show the components of this pattern somewhere else besides the component diagram ?
3. Did you use "textual" methods in your sequence ? like : "sets the customer id" instead of "setCustomerId(long id)"
4. Calculation of the itinerary price, did you do that in the client tier, or the ebj tier (did you have a method 'priceItinerary on a service for example)
5. About accessing the FFM / TransMaster, I assume you gave an explanation in your assumptions, but did you also address this speficly on a diagram in some way ?
6.About the component diagram; if I understand it correctly you have one big hybrid diagram (component/deployment) . Did you divide it in tiers (web/ejb/eis/external for example) ? Also: you say you showed patterns here, you probably mean high leve patterns ? Can you give some names of patterns you showed here ?