• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

new SCEA JEE 5 exam?

 
Daniel Amadei
Ranch Hand
Posts: 94
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I've received an email asking for help to create a new SCEA exam by the end of year 2007.

Is this real? Will the SCEA exam be updated to JEE 5 in 2008?

Thanks,
Daniel
 
Ajay Singh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 182
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
email from where?
 
Daniel Amadei
Ranch Hand
Posts: 94
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Prometric
 
Scott Curtis
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I was just wondering if anyone had any updates to this? Is the SCEA exam going to be updated any time soon?

Thanks
-Scott
 
Saeed Amer
Ranch Hand
Posts: 140
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It seems that it is being planned at least. Check the following link:

http://www.coderanch.com/t/155136/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/Enterprise-Architect-Experts-NEEDED

Saeed
SCJP, SCWCD, WCBCD, SCEA-I (In progress)
 
Nicholas Cheung
Ranch Hand
Posts: 4982
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Actually, SUN has planned the upgrade several years ago.

http://www.coderanch.com/t/151029/java-Architect-SCEA/certification/Looking-experiened-Architects-Survey

But still, they cannot come up with a conclusion.

Nick
 
Karan Shah
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I'm planing to give SCEA Part-1 next month of 2nd week. should i wait for some time or i have to go with current version?

 
Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1902
Hibernate Netbeans IDE PHP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Karan Shah:
Hi,

I'm planing to give SCEA Part-1 next month of 2nd week. should i wait for some time or i have to go with current version?



I would say to simply go for the Part I now. There's no guarantee that there will be an upgrade any time soon, even with Sun starting to discuss it - there have been announcements previously that they were considering it with no results, and waiting will just leave you cooling your heels.
 
Karan Shah
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I agree with you Theodore Casser. I think i will go with current version as per my schedul.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic