1. bdm I did not change the bdm, instead extended a bit.
2. class diagram I read some posts in this forum that suggests to include only domain classes, and i followed. And i lost 15 bloody points....my class diagram includes only 14 classes, which is just like the original BDM !!!
My suggestion would .... read the requirement carefully.. "Remember the most important requirement of all: it must be J2EE."
while it's true that software architecture/design should be technology neutral, it is not in this case. SUN is particularly asking for a J2EE architecture. Therefore, given a second chance, i would include some of the j2ee construct that appear in my component diagram.
and lastly, make sure you mark the relationship between classes clearly and correctly.
3. component diagram you have to focus on your business layer. especially, make sure you include those components that serve the given use-cases and session management.
don't waste too much effort in figuring out how many jsp/servlets...my diagram only include a web client component and a swing client component.
Also, for those well known patterns, just mention about it. don't mess up the whole diagram....
4. sequence diagram well, just double check that you don't miss out a step as in the requirement.
------------- Besides the given use-cases, also think about the application in its full picture,
1. how do you manage user session? 2. how do you persist data and when? 3. how do you interface between different layers within your own application? 4. how do you interface with external applications? 5. and why you made the above choices......
and since it's j2ee, ejb should not be missed out, think about various types of ejb and see whether you can make good use of one or more types of them.... [ March 19, 2007: Message edited by: Yi Meng ]
Congratulations!... Thanks for your suggetions. Yesterday I passed SCEA level 1. Can you pl advice me how to start with for Level 2. I would appreciate if you can send me any links or material which you used for your preparation.
Did you keep the sequence diagrams consitent with the component diagrams? Did you use components of the component diagram only or additional classes?
posted 12 years ago
Originally posted by Lakshmi Kalidindi: Congratulations!... Thanks for your suggetions. Yesterday I passed SCEA level 1. Can you pl advice me how to start with for Level 2. I would appreciate if you can send me any links or material which you used for your preparation.
If you have real world experience, then just read through Cade's book about the sample project and follow similarly.
If you are not confident, then there are a lot links in for you. I don't have a single secret one Most importantlt for you to pass this part 2/3, you need a fair understanding of j2ee design patterns and network protocols.
Congrats !! How many component diagrams did you have, how did you differenciate the connection between a web client and a stand alone bcos web uses http whereas standalone could be URL Connection or remote method inteface