Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Question about part 3

 
Michael F Lee
Greenhorn
Posts: 13
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It is a 90 minutes test with 4 essay questions.... So I need to write loooong discussion about my assignment? I am quite worry about it, because I may not have enough "material" to write about, or I may be unable to comprehense a discussion with certain amount of "content" in 90 minutes.....
 
Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1902
Hibernate Netbeans IDE PHP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just as an fyi - you might check out the naming policy here before a sheriff or bartender addresses you on this.

Trust me, ninety minutes is more than enough time to complete the essay questions. Follow the general rule about essays - give enough information to answer the question without getting needlessly wordy. I found that it took me about forty-five minutes when I sat for it.
[ September 05, 2007: Message edited by: Theodore Casser ]
 
Ricardo Ferreira
Ranch Hand
Posts: 156
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Fatboy HK:
It is a 90 minutes test with 4 essay questions.... So I need to write loooong discussion about my assignment? I am quite worry about it, because I may not have enough "material" to write about, or I may be unable to comprehense a discussion with certain amount of "content" in 90 minutes.....


Part 3 of the SCEA certification ask you about some topics about your design. The topics are strategically distributed over the overall architecture, like persistence, user session management, legacy conectivity, etc.

Have said that, each question is a very focused question about a specific topic, so, the discussion about it won't be so extensive. In fact, part 3 of the certification is applied to verify if you were the guy the actually did the assignment. So, the correctors will compare your answers with the assignment to be confident that you're the one.

So, don't be afraid, nineteen minutes is time enough to write down your point of view about the assignment.

regards,
 
Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1902
Hibernate Netbeans IDE PHP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Ricardo Ferreira:
So, don't be afraid, nineteen minutes is time enough to write down your point of view about the assignment.


Nineteen minutes would be impressive. I think you meant ninety.
 
Michael F Lee
Greenhorn
Posts: 13
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
nmae changed, and thanks for the informantion, I am much relaxed now

(by the way is this site located in Singapore? as far as i know People there are required to use real name on forums)
 
Theodore Casser
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1902
Hibernate Netbeans IDE PHP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nope.

It's more the professional thing - since a lot (if not most) here are using Java in some professional sense, it projects a better image than made up screen names.
 
Michael F Lee
Greenhorn
Posts: 13
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Theodore Casser:


It's more the professional thing - since a lot (if not most) here are using Java in some professional sense, it projects a better image than made up screen names.


Persoanlly I think this is a truckload of bull, don't make any sense to me, haha! but that is ok, I agree that rules are rules and must be obeyed.

Let's back to the topic.
[ September 05, 2007: Message edited by: Michael Lee ]
 
Ricardo Ferreira
Ranch Hand
Posts: 156
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Theodore Casser:


Nineteen minutes would be impressive. I think you meant ninety.


That's right, was a little written mistake! Sorry

Regards,
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic