Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Correct Answers?

 
P Das
Ranch Hand
Posts: 123
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I started taking some mock tests provided by commercial packages; sometime I am a little confused by the answers and explanations provided. Can we discuss this in this forum?
1) A systems extensibility is affected by modular code and design patterns? How? Because by themselves, to me, they cannot make a system extensible. It requires how they are deployed, too. Also, if we use Servlets to access distributed persistence, can it cause extensibility hazard? A counterargument could be, Servlets, through deployment can be extensible. Am I missing something?

2) Can 'Thin Client' be a weakness in a 2-tier architecture with Perl/CGI Web-tier and persistence + business logic EIS-tier? If there is only one Web Server, does 'Performance' not seem to be more apt candidate for weakness?

3) Can we build a Web Service client without supplying the WSDL? The WSDL, per me, provides the schema around which client need to 'Adapt' its method calls.

If my questions are of interest to the forum, may I request more questions/answers from other members?
 
Juan Pablo Crossley
Ranch Hand
Posts: 128
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ok, let's see one by one:

Originally posted by P Das:

1) A systems extensibility is affected by modular code and design patterns? How? Because by themselves, to me, they cannot make a system extensible. It requires how they are deployed, too. Also, if we use Servlets to access distributed persistence, can it cause extensibility hazard? A counterargument could be, Servlets, through deployment can be extensible. Am I missing something?

Extensibility means you will be able to extends the application functionality in the easier way possible, so it's true the design patterns and modular code could affect this. A deployment will be able to add new funcionality to your application, I really don't think so. (give me an example to understand what you mean by "through deployment can be extensible")


Originally posted by P Das:

2) Can 'Thin Client' be a weakness in a 2-tier architecture with Perl/CGI Web-tier and persistence + business logic EIS-tier? If there is only one Web Server, does 'Performance' not seem to be more apt candidate for weakness?

Ok, the main problem with this type of architecture is the maintainability. The performance could be better with a 2-tier than a 3-tier, or n-tier application. take a look of this article to give you a better explanation about it: Two, Three, N-tier which one should I pick?


Originally posted by P Das:

3) Can we build a Web Service client without supplying the WSDL? The WSDL, per me, provides the schema around which client need to 'Adapt' its method calls.


The answer is yes... you can, you need the wsdl to create your classes if you are using objects in your calls (Dynamic proxy), but you can access a webservice with it's url and using a technique named "DII" (Dynamic Invocation Interface) take a look of this: http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial-update2/doc/JAXRPC5.html, this is useful if you don't have the wsdl at the coding time, or if the wsdl will change but it will keep the method you're calling available for you.

Hope this solves some of your questions...
 
P Das
Ranch Hand
Posts: 123
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks!

Personally, I found some of the answers, e.g. about dispatch api.

Actually, I was a little behind in some of the JAX-WS stuff.

Regards,

P Das
 
P Das
Ranch Hand
Posts: 123
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have some more questions.

Normally, an applet would not be able to read a system file; however, a specific security policy may allow the necessary permission. What should, then, be the correct response to questions that asks about the capabilities of an applet (if both options are available)? I ask this question because some popular "tests" go for the normal behavior.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic