Hello friends, I appeared for SCBCD on wednesday morning and cleared with score of 68/70.This gives me 97.14 percent. I would like to thank Kathy, Bert, javaranch group for making a heavy contribution in my prepairation of SCBCD. I got 2 wrong. I dont recall from which objective...I dont have M.Sheet in Cafe here. I would specially like to thank Gemini,Keerthi, Stephan, Leena (if you do not find your name please assume included).You all have been like a real time support for me.!!!
I studied for 1 and 1/2 months with HFEJB, Mastering EJB, Ejb Specification.I did not use any exam simulator and relied on understanding that I gained out of studies.Time time I devoted doesn't include only EJB, I had practicle exams in Mumbai(a city in India) so I had to study for those 4 subjects of practicle too.
Following are characteristics of Exam, I hope it helps you too. 1) Exam que. wording is clearer (no....make it clearest) and you do not face problems in that. It gives you all information necessary to answer qu.
2) Some questions are tricky. Tricky in the sence that its asking to eat using hand from around your head....just gotta be alert enough to guess what's its trying to target.
3) I was done with 70 q. in about 80 mins and doing checking work later about the q. I marked. So time is not a factor in result.
4) Study the EJB spec.
5) Do not dwell on questions which you think would take more than 3 mins. Leave for later review.
6) Make your own notes. (I've my 2 own ejb books ..handwritten ...about what I understood out of HF and spec.)
7) I practiced for fare amount of time on J2ee RI. It was not as much as I did for SCJP (2000) and SCWCD(2003), but my objective was to gain practicle knowledge than clearing exam.
8) Most important of any of points , you need to be a good person ...(wondering if this applies here?, well, it will in longer version of life).
Thanks again memebers, I shall answer you about any further queries you have. Amol.
Hello Raj, Thankx everyone here who responded!!! Your remarks are important to me.
J2ee RI comes integrated with J2ee 1.3. So you install j2ee 1.3 and in /bin directory you have startable .bat files. You can use j2ee -verbose and deploytool commands to start respective software....oh yeah....dont forget cloudscape -start its important too. You can get j2ee sdk Here