This week's book giveaway is in the Other Languages forum.
We're giving away four copies of Functional Reactive Programming and have Stephen Blackheath and Anthony Jones on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of Functional Reactive Programming this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

[SCBCD 5.0] EJB 3.0 Development Environment

 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3369
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Appendix A. Enterprise Application Development Environment - Installing

Feel free to post your comments here
 
Rajan Murugan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 182
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi,
don't you require the java ee sdk?
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3369
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Rajan Murugan:
hi,
don't you require the java ee sdk?


Nope.

Java EE 5.0 is not required.

We testing only EJB 3.0, not whole Java EE 5.0 APIs.

EJB 3.0 classes packaged with JBoss 4.0.4 (note, you need *installer* package to test EJB 3.0)

regards,
MZ
 
Rajan Murugan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 182
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi,
the specs seem have been targeted at two kind of audience.one is server providers and another one is app providers.so we have 2 sets of documents of 3 each.I found the licence agreement being different.Apart from that are the documents in any way different? Any idea? did you checked up with the sun people.(number of pages are same).what about the content?
 
Ko Ko Naing
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3178
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mikalai,
Could you give us some insight on why you chose JBoss for the exam preparation? Easy to setup, robust, someone recommended it or is it just your personal preference?

Thanks
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3369
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Ko Ko Naing:
Mikalai,
Could you give us some insight on why you chose JBoss for the exam preparation? Easy to setup, robust, someone recommended it or is it just your personal preference?


Probably, just a personal preference

(actually, I did not think about that )
 
Waclav Pshedujko
Greenhorn
Posts: 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks a lot for usefull stuff.
One question so far: why not use JBossIDE Bundle (which is already Eclipse + JbossIDE + more...) instead of downloading separately eclipse and plugin?
 
Rajan Murugan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 182
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi,
mikalai nice work.
I am waiting for your answer regarding two sets of specs.
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3369
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Waclav Pshedujko:
Thanks a lot for usefull stuff.
One question so far: why not use JBossIDE Bundle (which is already Eclipse + JbossIDE + more...) instead of downloading separately eclipse and plugin?


That's another possibility. Use the bundle, or use NetBeans 5.5, or use Oracle server, or use GlassFish .....

Like in Perl religion - there is more than one way to do it


 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3369
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Rajan Murugan:
hi,
mikalai nice work.
I am waiting for your answer regarding two sets of specs.


Sorry, I do not uderstand your question.

Probably it's not relevant to the topic subject.

regards,
MZ
 
Rajan Murugan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 182
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Rajan Murugan:
hi,
the specs seem have been targeted at two kind of audience.one is server providers and another one is app providers.so we have 2 sets of documents of 3 each.I found the licence agreement being different.Apart from that are the documents in any way different? Any idea? did you checked up with the sun people.(number of pages are same).what about the content?


I meant the above posting.I am talking about the spec 220 at jcp.org.
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr220/index.html

Specification:

* Click on the button below to download the Specification for evaluation or to build an application that uses the Specfication
Download

* Click on the button below to download the Specification to build an implementation of the Specfication
Download
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3369
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ranchers !

For those who already installed, I highly recommend to upgrade from JBoss AS version 4.0.4 GA to 4.0.5 GA.

The instructions how to install 4.0.5 with EJB 3.0 available here:

Installing Application Server

Reason: JBoss 4.0.4 GA has missing @DeclareRoles security annotation. Not sure, how that happen, but it's not included in JAR.

regards,
MZ
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic