• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Reading Specs reqd?  RSS feed

 
Vrunda Joshi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 104
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi all,
i am preparing for the exam(scwcd)...currently i am reading HFSJ and the jsp specs..the specs are too complicated to read..the book is really helping me a lot...

are those specs really helpful?

thanks in advance

-Vrunda
 
Paul Bourdeaux
Ranch Hand
Posts: 783
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I found the specs a little difficult to go through at first too. However, after I finished reading my study material (most notably HFSJ), I revisted the specs and they made a lot more sense to me.

You don't need to read the specs to score well on the exam, but if you have a good understanding of them, your chances of doing well are that much better.
 
Bimal Patel
Ranch Hand
Posts: 130
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I think HFSJ doesn't cover each of the things defined in the specs. But don't worry, you won't be asked much on that because HFSJ covers around 95% of that. For the remaining 5% as per me it really doesn't matter. However it up to you to take a call. While I gave the exam, I didn't read specs. I have started once but I felt it a bit boring . But on the other side you'll have benefits of reading each of the items from the spec and u'll understand that after giving the exam only
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!