Originally posted by Elton Kuzniewski:
The SCWCD 5.0 and SCWCD 5.0 Upgrade are avaible at Exam Selection List for schedule on Prometric' website...
But, at SCWCD main Sun's website, not yet updated with this version...
Whatever, access direct link to the test page was work...
[ January 30, 2008: Message edited by: Elton Kuzniewski ]
Originally posted by Scott Bown:
just scanning the objectives of the new 5.0 exam and as Bert predicted they are the same as the 1.4? no JSF?
Section 8: Building JSP Pages Using Standard Actions
* Given a design goal, create a code snippet using the following standard actions: jsp:include, jsp:forward, and jsp aram.
Section 9: Building JSP Pages Using Tag Libraries
* Given a design goal, use an appropriate JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL v1.1) tag from the "core" tag library.
Section 10: Building a Custom Tag Library
* Given a scenario, write tag handler code to access the parent tag and an arbitrary tag ancestor.
* Describe the semantics of the "Simple" custom tag event model when the event method (doTag) is executed; write a tag handler class; and explain the constraints on the JSP content within the tag.
Section 11: J2EE Patterns
* Given a scenario description with a list of issues, select a pattern that would solve the issues. The list of patterns you must know are: Intercepting Filter, Model-View-Controller, Front Controller, Service Locator, Business Delegate, and Transfer Object.
* Match design patterns with statements describing potential benefits that accrue from the use of the pattern, for any of the following patterns: Intercepting Filter, Model-View-Controller, Front Controller, Service Locator, Business Delegate, and Transfer Object.
Originally posted by Cameron McKenzie:
Indeed, I spoke too soon.
The link is CUT OFF. If you look at the upgrade exam, it lists all of those custom tag and patterns stuff:
Upgrade Exam for SCWCD 5 Certification from Sun - The MISSING Objectives
Originally posted by Mihai Radulescu:
An other strange thing is the absence of the beta from the new exam, what I mean in most of the cases when a new exam comes it begin with a beta phase.
This new exam does have a beta phase.
Originally posted by Marc Peabody:
That's a rather cynical stance against the Sun certification program. I hope you'll reconsider your accusations.
I encourage you to study the new items in Servlet 2.5 and JSP 1.2
Originally posted by Arjan Times:
I read about them a long time ago (it's JSP 2.1 btw ).
Looky! I'm being abducted by space aliens! Me and this tiny ad!
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koophttps://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton