1. What is the format of this certification?
- do you get an assignment to do at home?
- or do you do it in a center under supervision?
- if at, home to you have to report your progress?
- how much time is allowed for the assignments?
- what about the essay part? What are the requirements?
- are you allowed to use an IDE to facilitate the application development?
- hence can you use an IDE specific library (i.e some can you use javabeans provided by the IDE)
- I have JEE experience, is the SCJD the absolute next step after the SCJP cert? or can I skip it for web certification?
- finally are the web certifications specific to sun's JEE platform (sun's application server)?
1. Don't they ask for the source code also?
I am guessing they will request both the compiled application and the source code. Right?
2. What about other APIs not yet included in either JDKs? Do they allow those? If yes, what are the true criteria for allowing an API.
3. If JDBC is not required, I suppose the database server that I will implement will be a very simple one (i.e get data from client through socket connection and serialize it in a local file. I could use a vector object containing a series of vector objects or list objects. The vector object will be the table and the vector or list element the rows.). Right?
Ps. I am planning to go register for that exam next week now that I know that there is no time limit. I am hoping to finish it by the end of september and take the SCWCD after that.