Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

NX: Contractor: How to Book a Selected Record?

 
Dong Shing
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
As a beginner of SCJD candidates, I have a simple question about the implementation of the project.
The instruction requires me to build a user interface to be able to book a selected record. Do I simply decrease the size of the number of staff by a number that is required by the calling customers? I am thinking by doing this we are assuming that all the contractors can only take orders from Bodgitt and Scarper, LLC, they may not take any phone calls and send out their staff to the homeowners. Otherwise, it's impossible to keep track of the available number of staff in each contractor because it seems that the upcoming customer care system will only be used by CSRs in Bodgitt and Scarper, LLC.
Did I overdo what is supposed to be easy and straightforward? Thanks for you concern.
 
Paul Tongyoo
Ranch Hand
Posts: 91
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Dong Shing:
...
The instruction requires me to build a user interface to be able to book a selected record. Do I simply decrease the size of the number of staff by a number that is required by the calling customers? ...

Hi Dong--
Booking a selected record means hiring the contractor company, not a particular employee from that company. So the only updating you'll need to do to a particular record is to write the client's ID number into its Owners field.
Relieved?
Regards,
Paul
[ November 11, 2003: Message edited by: Paul Tongyoo ]
 
Dong Shing
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Paul Tongyoo:
Booking a selected record means hiring the contractor company, not a particular employee from that company. So the only updating you'll need to do to a particular record is to write the client's ID number into its Owners field.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your quick response and insightful explanation.
So does that mean if I hire a contractor company staffed with 20 people to repair my teeny tiny house's roof, then all of these 20 guys will have to stand at the top of my house, or only 2 people will come over and the rest 18 ones will be goofing around without being able to be hired by some one else, because I have to hire the whole constractor company rather than just part of it and when I hire it, I have all of its staff's ownership?
Sun is really funny.
 
Paul Tongyoo
Ranch Hand
Posts: 91
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Dong Shing:

...
So does that mean if I hire a contractor company staffed with 20 people to repair my teeny tiny house's roof, then all of these 20 guys will have to stand at the top of my house, or only 2 people will come over and the rest 18 ones will be goofing around without being able to be hired by some one else, because I have to hire the whole constractor company rather than just part of it and when I hire it, I have all of its staff's ownership?
...

Hi Dong--
Yes, Sun is very funny. Especially when they try to immitate semi-clueless clients by giving us vague specifications. Yea yea, that's what real clients do but COME ON I"M SPENDING 400 BUCKS HERE. I don't need vague.
Sorry, had to get that off my chest...
I would think that if only one owner is allowed per contractor company, then hopefully Bodgitt & Scarper would be serving clients who required heavy work to do that required all of the company's employees. And if this isn't the case, well, Sun's specs only allow a contractor to have one owner -- so if a job only requires 2 of 20 employees it's the IT director's fault for not specifying that a contractor record can hold multiple owners, not ours!
But, don't quote me on that
(feel free to quote me anywhere on my first paragraph though.)

Regards,
Paul
 
Dong Shing
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks, Paul.
I will lower my expectation about the project I am working on. I should bear it in mind that what I am doing is trying to pass the test, not completing an out-sourcing job.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic