Originally posted by Wickes Potgieter:
findByCriteria method comments:
* Returns an array of record numbers that match the specified
* criteria. Field n in the database file is described by
* criteria[n]. A null value in criteria[n] matches any field
* value. A non-null value in criteria[n] matches any field
* value that begins with criteria[n]. (For example, "Fred"
* matches "Fred" or "Freddy".)
For the search "matches any value that begins with...", should I use regular expressions or will the String Object method "startsWith" be sufficient?