1. I have a field in my dbfile by name 'Date available' which has a description that goes like this: "The single night to which this record relates, format is yyyy/mm/dd". I want to know the importance of this field in the context of the assignment.
2. Also, does this field impact the 48 hour rule implementaion?
3. I need to implement a method in my Data class by this signature:
// Returns an array of record numbers that match the specified
// criteria. Field n in the database file is described by
// criteria[n]. A null value in criteria[n] matches any field
// value. A non-null value in criteria[n] matches any field
// value that begins with criteria[n]. (For example, "Fred"
// matches "Fred" or "Freddy".)
public int  find(String  criteria)
Does this mean that I will need to have multiple search text fields on GUI?
1. Regarding the 48 hour rule implementation, how do we use the 'Date Available' field?. In my db file, I have dates that range from 2004 to 2005.
2. For the find method, the criteria is an array of strings. How do I separate out the name/location to two different strings unless they are delimited? or is it perfectly valid to send a single string as part of our implementation?
3. Also, the find criteria returns an array of ints. If I want to display the search results, where would I get them? Should I query the cached records for these record numbers (obtined as an array of ints from the find method) and send the details back to the gui?