I feel shame to say that I haven't finished my assignment yet, since last year March.
My english writing is not good enough to tend the essay exam; etc.
1. In my instructions, it says:
"It must allow the user to book a selected record, updating the database file accordingly"
I don't know why??? If a record seleted by the user, which have been booked by some customer, the record should not be book again, I think.
2. Must I implement all method which extends from DBAccess interface in Data class? I mean if I have to write some code into the "createRecord" method which would never been invoked by other object?
3. What does the "DuplicateKeyException" class mean? In other words, what's Key mean? Is it including all the field? Or it is just the hotel name?
4. In my instructions, it says: "Any unimplemented exceptions in this interface must all be created as member classes of the suncertify.db package". I found that the "SecurityException" already exist in package "java.lang". So, if I needn't to create a new "SecurityException" in package "suncertify.db"
5. In my instructions, it says: "Architecturally, In Non-Networked Mode, It must use the database and GUI from the networked form, but must not use the network server code at all.". But I think it is better to say that: "Architecturally, In Networked Mode, It must use the database and GUI from the non-networked form, and must use the network server code. Am I right??
6. As to comments in each class, I have no idear at all. could anyone give me advise?
According to the Data File Format Specification.
I would check the data standard schema before I use the file specified by Configuration GUI. But should I check the 4 byte numeric, magic cookie value which identifies a file as a data file in the file?
I have no idear about the comment in each java file header. I have looked into some java file in the runtime libaray package. They just look like:
* @(#)Runme.java 1.1.1 2004-5-15
* Copyright (c) 2004 Sun Certification for Java Development.
* All Rights Reserved.
It's my choice about such comments. Is it OK?
But, if so, I think there must be some good tools for testing such method like createRecord and deleteRecord which will never be invoked by other object in URLyBird program. Would you like to give me some?
About question 5. I just create a Service interface. It include Book & Search method. And there are two class implement it: ServiceImpl that maintain a Data object directly, and ServiceProxy that maintain a RemoteServiceImpl implemented by RMI which maintain a ServiceImpl instance, So ~~OhOh ~God . In other words, client GUI just only need to interact with Service interface, when program mode is non-network, just create a ServiceImpl instance for GUI, when program mode is network, just create a ServiceProxy instance for GUI. Am I right? Am I clear?
By the way, I have more and more question later.