I must say that I'm very happy and I would like to thank all the ranchers on this forum. I would also want to wish good luck to those who prepare their assignments for submission.
About the lost points, I am almost sure I have lost points in GUI because I have used the mediator and command patterns instead of the MVC. In my opinion they are just not flexible enough if this is really the reason, but maybe I'm wrong. For the rest of the lost points I have no idea.
Actually I have started to work on the assignment on April, this year. But because of a job change, I didn't have the time to finish it in a reasonable time and resulted in a long dead period. So its not relevant in my case, I guess. I have started the project with the development of the database. It was the module that got a lot of JUnit and multithreading tests. Mainly I wanted to be sure it is free of deadlocks. Then I have developed the network server using RMI (I have used rmic to compile the stubs), then the network client and the GUI. For the other parts of the project I didn't write JUnit tests, as they seemed too simple to me to get JUnit tests. But that wouldn't have hurt, that's for sure. Architecturally speaking, I have used the Factory pattern to get a local or remote implementation of the main business interface. In this interface I have used the facade pattern to access the database. And I have used once again the facade pattern for the network implementation.