Win a copy of Five Lines of Code this week in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Paul Clapham
Sheriffs:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • fred rosenberger
  • salvin francis
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown

HTTP PROTOCOL

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 289
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello Guys;
I know that HTTP is a stateless protocol, but I expect it to bahave the same in handling connections whether one is using an application client or an applet client.I have a servlet running on the server and I am able to get a URLConnection to it and pass data to and fro.However when I change my client to be an applet, I get a message to the effect that the protocol does not support input and output. I dont quite understand because in the applet all I am doing is removing the main from the application and making it extend applet, the normal way, but the behaviour completely changes.Does any one have an idea what this is all about ?
Herbert
 
mister krabs
Posts: 13974
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I definitely need more information because I am doing exactly the same thing with no problems.
 
Herbert Maosa
Ranch Hand
Posts: 289
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thomas
What I am actually doing is try to get my hands on applet-servlet communication. So I have my Sample servlet as follows

At the Applet side, I have a method that does the following

The strange thing is that when I put this method inside a normal app, it works fine and I get the response from the servlet.When I put it inside an applet, I get all sorts of different behavior, which is not even consistent across the browsers netscape and IE.But in any case, I get no response and nothing seems to happen.

Herbert.

 
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic