Win a copy of Murach's Python Programming this week in the Jython/Python forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Sun RI vs MyFaces  RSS feed

 
Aniwat Arromratana
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I 'm a newbie in JSF.
Now I'm setting up a new project.
I wanna choose the best one implementation.

These are the questions for making a decision.

What is pros and cons between the two implementation?
What is an implementation that you use?
How about the growing of MyFaces implementation?
Do you have any suggestion for me?


Thanks
[ February 27, 2005: Message edited by: Aniwat Arromratana ]
 
Varun Khanna
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1400
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Neither of these has any success or failure stories to share so far.
Though I am using IBM's implementation, I think you may like to try out myfaces implemention. I guess it has some added features and better component range.

In case you are doing an extensive research\ R&D over both the implmentations, let us know your findings here.
 
Darrin Smith
Ranch Hand
Posts: 276
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by K Varun:
Neither of these has any success or failure stories to share so far.
Though I am using IBM's implementation, I think you may like to try out myfaces implemention. I guess it has some added features and better component range.

In case you are doing an extensive research\ R&D over both the implmentations, let us know your findings here.


I think that Sun's version has some.

Check this out:

In The Trenches

And take a look at this thread as well:

Related thread
[ February 28, 2005: Message edited by: Darrin Smith ]
 
Karthik Guru
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1209
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm not finding the jar files for the latest release. I can see the class files though. So can i get myfaces to work by copying all the class files to the WEB-INF/classess folder OR are you guys able to locate the myfaces latest jar files somewhere
 
Varun Khanna
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1400
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Karthik Guru:
I'm not finding the jar files for the latest release. I can see the class files though. So can i get myfaces to work by copying all the class files to the WEB-INF/classess folder OR are you guys able to locate the myfaces latest jar files somewhere


Here you can find the latest.
 
Karthik Guru
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1209
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Varun Khanna:


Here you can find the latest.


Yes I downloaded

this from the same place.

But I dont see the jar files
Guess its pretty stupid, but i dont see jar files in any of the files available for download . As i mentioned earlier i see the compiled class files though.
 
Varun Khanna
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1400
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Karthik Guru:


Yes I downloaded

this from the same place.

But I dont see the jar files
Guess its pretty stupid, but i dont see jar files in any of the files available for download . As i mentioned earlier i see the compiled class files though.


Am not sure either.
you may try posting your query at their mailing list here
 
Gary VanMatre
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Not not sure why, but myfaces only delivers tar archives and not zip files.

You might try downloading Cygwin, a unix shell emulator. Once installed you can extract the archives using a tar -xf command, assuming that is your problem.

I really like all of the debug informaion the myfaces provides in the renders. It sure beats a NullPointerException.

Cywin
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!