• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Sheriffs:
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Rob Spoor
  • Paul Clapham
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Tim Moores
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven

Switching from Reference Implementation to MyFaces

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
one year ago I developed a JSF-software using Tomcat 5.5.7 and SUNs reference implementation, which worked fine. Now I try to replace it by MyFaces and I get this error navigating to the first page:

javax.faces.FacesException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException
org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:425)
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:234)
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:352)
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:107)

There is no protocol entry in the TOMCAT logs directory. The only thing I did was replacing the related jars, which should be the only thing to do, as I understand the concept ;-). Any idea what the reason could be?

Thanks
Thorsten
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 362
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I've noticed the web.xml changes


Sun's


MyFaces



There might be an issue there that is hitting you.
 
Thorsten Jansen
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
thanks for the response. I checked the file and found that there should be no problem:

<!-- Faces Servlet -->
<servlet>
<servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet</servlet-class>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<!-- Faces Servlet Mapping -->
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

The problem must be based in something different.

Thorsten
 
Gerardo Tasistro
Ranch Hand
Posts: 362
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Your error looks exactly the the one I had last night.



It turned out I was missing ehcache.jar in my libs. I'm using Hibernate on a project B that depended on A. Both A and B had the Hibernate libraries. B just had a subset of A's. Once I removed A's export of Hibernate's libs B crashed. I just added ehcache.jar to B and all worked fine.


Point being it had nothing to do with Faces. I'm not sure how your app is laid out, but maybe you removed a bit too much. Check your logs and stdout. Hope that helps.
 
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic