MyFaces not creating managed bean
posted 8 years ago
I had a couple simple "toy" apps using the JSF 1.1 implementation from BEA (derived from Sun), also using RichFaces 3.1.3. I decided to try using the MyFaces implementation (just the api and impl jars) in place of the BEA implementation. The JSP page is basically working, but for some reason it's not creating my managed bean and putting it into its defined scope. I also defined a debugging lifecycle listener, and that appears to be working fine, but the managed bean seems to be ignored. I know this because I set a breakpoint in the bean constructor of the managed bean class, and it never hits it. I tried to reference a property from it in the JSP and that causes it to fail, saying "PropertyNotFoundException: Base is null". This happens when the variable referenced in the expression doesn't exist in the scope.