• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Returning object array  RSS feed

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I am new to using AXIS Web Services and have been having the following problem.

I am using Axis 1.1 and Tomcat 4.1 to develop my Web Services.
The class I have implemented returns an Array of Java Beans. I used Java2WSDL utility to create the WSDL and then, WSDL2Jave utility to get the deploy.wsdd and other server-side implementation interfaces, classes and client stub. I, then, deleted the original Java Bean and service-implementing class. Instead, I used the new interface (which is given the same name as the service-implementing class by WSDL2Java), JavaBean (auto-generated by WSDL2Java util) and implemented my method in the SOAPBindingImpl class. The problem occurs when I try to run the client to test the service. Following is the error I am getting:
###################################
java.lang.InstantiationException: uiowa.nmita.webService.NMITAService
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:260)
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:169)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1015)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:345)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2583)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
at uiowa.nmita.webService.NMITAClient.main(NMITAClient.java:41)


java.lang.InstantiationException: uiowa.nmita.webService.NMITAService
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:260)
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:169)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1015)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:345)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2583)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
at uiowa.nmita.webService.NMITAClient.main(NMITAClient.java:41)
#####################################
NMITAService above is an INTERFACE and the corresponding *SOAPBindingImpl extends this interface and implements the method I need. Also, deploy.wsdd's
"classname" is set to "NMITAServiceSoapBindingImpl" and NOT "NMITAService" interface.
I also tried having empty constructors for both my JavaBean and *SOAPBindingImpl class to get rid of the error, but that did not help.

Please tell me if you can think of a possible solution to this problem.
Thanks very much.
Sriram
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!