I'm at a loss and very pressed for time so any and all ideas are welcome.
I wrote a web service in Java and it is deployed within JBoss 4.0.1. I also have a .NET client application that is trying to call the web service. It successfully calls into the web service and the SOAP message returned contains the correct result. However, after examining the result variable in the .NET client, it is null (or 0 or whatever the default value is for the type of variable).
I tried writing a web service in .NET that provides the same methods (and same signatures). This web service is deployed within IIS. I point the .NET client application to this web service and everything works.
I examined the WSDL and the SOAP messages returned for both application and found:
* with the exception of just a different way of expressing the namespace, the SOAP message returned is identical * with the exception of just a different way of expressing the namespace, the WSDL differs slightly in the way the name attribute of the wsdl art for the response object.