Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

J2ME deployment question

 
Joey wang
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I want to deploy my J2me application to a physical device. I get Sony
Ericsson T610 which according to http://jal.sun.com/webapps/device/device is Java enabled. I choose OTA provisioning to download my files. I put my .jad and .jar files in http://www.more-solutions.net/NetworkDemo.jad and
http://www.more-solutions.net/NetworkDemo.jar. When I use T610 to download, it fails with a message from the server "This site uses Cascaded Style Sheet. Your browser doesn't support it. You need to update you browser to IE6.0 or Netscape 7.0". But it's just impossible to upgrade the browser in cell phone to IE6.0. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks a lot!
 
Punit Raizada
Ranch Hand
Posts: 156
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

Are u navigating to the jad file or the jar file directly ? or are u using a web page that has these links?

Also have u set the Mime types on the server for Jad and Jar files ?
 
Roseanne Zhang
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1953
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sony Ericsson T610 does not work with jad files. Download jar file directly!
 
Punit Raizada
Ranch Hand
Posts: 156
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I just tried downloading your Jar file on a 7610 and i got the same page about cascading style sheets.

Have a feeling couple of things might be going wrong here
- Mime types for Jad and Jar files. Though I am not convinced this can be the issue as I usually get a "Service Reply Unknown" on the phone due to this.

- Is your server configured to redirect certain broswers to a differnt page. I can access the Jar from IE but not from a cell phone browser. Check if there is a switch on the server for different user agents ?


Apart from this I have no clue as to what might be going wrong. But this seems interesting. Please make sure you post what was going wrong once you figure it out.

Regards
 
siddharth murthy
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi,

I checked the return content type and from an FireFox browser get "Content-Type: text/ plain" which i don't think is correct for the .jar file.
if my memory serves me correct then the content type should be "octet-stream"...

another interesting thing I noticed is that if there's an error. The error page contains a css and that could be the cause of the error that you see on u'r mobile browser.

Regards,
Siddharth
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic