Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

error in openrecordstore for siemens C60

 
Ramender Mall
Ranch Hand
Posts: 311
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

i am creating an application for siemens C60, so when I run the application on siemensC60 emulator, the Recordstore's openrecordstore method SOMETIMES(n not always) throws following exception ->
java.lang.nullpointerException: getStoragePath failed

while if u see in the documentation of MIDP2.0 api's they say that this method throws only recordstore exceptions and illegalargumentException..

although this particular exception is thrown sometimes, the recordstore is never created whether the exception is thrown or not...




the same code is running fine on Siemens SL55 emulator, which has same MIDP version(1.0)....

Cud nyone plz help by explaining wats the reason of this........
mark my thanx in advance........
tk care
[ October 07, 2005: Message edited by: Mark Spritzler ]
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17278
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
"ramy"

If you recall we had a discussion here. about our naming policy and using your real first and real last names. So with that in mind this is your second and last warning, if you don't change your display name to be your real name we will suspend your account.

Mark
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17278
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hehe,

Well that should work and I can't see any variables or method calls that would throw a NullPointerException.

I have a Siemen's S66, and I found that Siemen's sometimes interprets the specification loosely. For instance, Service discovery for Bluetooth is not implemented correctly and actually doesn't work at all.

"getStoragePath failed" This seems to me an underlying class causing the exception, meaning Siemen's code, that unfortunately you can't change. When I was at JavaOne, the Siemen's guy mentioned that sometimes upgrading the OS on the phone has bug fixes and this might have been a bug they found. The other route is to 1. try it on the phone, see if you get the same results.

Or 2. Contact Siemen's to report the bug. Now that is the fun stuff trying to find out where you can do that.

Good Luck.

Mark
 
Ramender Mall
Ranch Hand
Posts: 311
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Mark,

First of all, thanx for ur reply.......n i have done the first thing.......I sent my application for testing on the actual phone n lets see wat happens.......
n about my last name....i m rally sorry that i did not take that seriously........i apologize for my mistake......n right after posting this reply i am gonna change my profile.........
My real name is Ramender Mall......

thats wat u r gonna see on the screen from now on........

thanx again
tk care
 
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff
Posts: 17278
6
IntelliJ IDE Mac Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Ramy.

It is a bummer when a phone doesn't implement the specification the way you'd like and things that are supposed to work fails.

Mark
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic