Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

J2ME HttpConnection problem ...

 
Paul-Etienne Sillon
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am having trouble with a MIDlet sending requests through an HttpConnection to a JDBC database via a Servlet running on Tomcat 5.5 (!).

It works fine in the emulators, the servlet works fine when accessed via Internet Explorer but when I try from a real phone (Nokia 6610i) I get a message like 'the page cannot be displayed'.

The same exact servlet works fine in JRun4, even from the real phone ...

I guess something must be wrong with my Tomcat setup ... any ideas ?

Funny thing is, the debugging code I added to the servlet shows that all seems to be processing Ok in Tomcat ...
 
Ransika deSilva
Ranch Hand
Posts: 524
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am not quite sure about the answer, but IF I faced the problem, I would just check the time outs of both servers, sometimes the timeout in tomcat is very much lesser than the other application server. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps. Regards.
 
Paul-Etienne Sillon
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Problem was with HTTP header, not quite sure why but the carrier (Telstra) didn't like the previous one. I wrote my own server to send HTTP1.1 (instead of 1.0) and content-type: text/plain and it works now ! Probably would have been easier to configure Tomcat corectly in the first place :-)

Thanks for your help ...
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic