I think this might be interesting to some ...
Google Maps now has a version for J2ME enabled devices.
Still i keep wondering how to do this smooth network pulls.
Usually a small XML pull itself was making the UI hangup!!!
But in this case Images are pulled atleast 2 at a time.
Can some one throw light on, how to make this fast Image Networking happen with j2ME. I have a slight fear that Network Pull over Multiple connections are Speed Reducers for any application that runs in mip2 over cldc1.1.
Read at http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=39891&topic=9120
Google Maps works with the following devices:
* Most Java-enabled (J2ME) mobile phones.
* Palm devices with Palm OS 5 and above.
* All color BlackBerry devices.
* Windows Mobile devices with Windows Mobile 2003, 5.0 and above.
* Symbian Series 60 3rd edition devices.
[ December 06, 2007: Message edited by: Eduardo Marques ]
Does googlemaps work in simulator or we need to test maps only on devices??