To quote a ranch hand, Sumit Amar
I would like to know about 1.4 from anyone who took this beta. what are the differences. And for students' knowledge I would like to tell, that if you're planning to take the sCPJ2 in July, Rethink and schedule it in August straightaway for SCPJ2 1.4 SDK. Because the new Java test will be released in Mid August.
I am currently preparing for my SCJP. Doing lots of mocks. Bought the voucher and plan to sit for it end of this month or early July.
Referring to the above quote, do you really think it's a good idea to wait for Sun to release the exam? Is it confirmed that it would will release by mid August?
The voucher that I bought printed that it's valid for SCJP 1.2. So, is the voucher valid for the new exam if I decide to take the new one instead?
Any comments/advice is greatly appreciated.
[ June 14, 2002: Message edited by: Melissa Ting ]
The 1.2 voucher I bought back in May can be used for whatever test that Sun offers. You can confirm that from Sun Education.
I would wait for the 1.4 test intead of taking the current 1.2. For one thing, you don't want to obtain a certification that immediately becomes obslete.
Best of luck,
Yes, the will be the new Java 2 Programmer. We will be releasing the exam in
___ __ __ __
/',__\/\ \/\ \ /' _ `\
/\__, `\ \ \_\ \/\ \/\ \
\/\____/\ \____/\ \_\ \_\
\/___/ \/___/ \/_/\/_/
Sun Educational Services
Broomfield, CO 80021
Please visit the Sun Certification website.
Is there any way to contact them by mail?Could anyone pass on the id to me ?
Bcos iam planning to take the 1.2 exam in about 2 weeks from now.A little worried about the whole thing.
I check the link you provided but didn't read anything about the exam being release in July. I guess I miss out. Hope you help me out.
I'm also planing to take the exam in 2-3 weeks time. Needless to say,I'm worried just like you. But I think we should just go ahead. Any advice ranchers??
[ June 18, 2002: Message edited by: Karen Leoh ]
I think you ppl need to stop worrying about the new certification and just continue to concentrate on your revision for the current exam. I am sure that if the new certification is out, then when you enroll for the exam, you would have been notified about it.
I heard that at least a month notice would be given to the candidates before the exam actually takes off.
All the best!!