• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Applet.getParameter doesn't work on NetScapt 4.7

 
Linda Xu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 51
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have an applet in which I call getParameter("parameterName") to retrieve the parameter.
In my HTML file, I have the parameter set like this:
<PARAM NAME="parameterName" VALUE="blah">
The applet works well on IE, but when I run it on Netscape 4.7, the parameter I got is null.
I checked on the web, it looks that many people also got this problem, but I didn't see any good solution. Only one guy said if the characterset in Netscape is set to any thing other than "Western" (e.g. Chinese, or Japanese), the getParameter will return a null, but my characterset already set to Western(ISO-8859-1), I am really lost.
Thanks for any information.
 
Madhav Lakkapragada
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5040
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

It works for me on both IE and NS,
yes, NS 4.7.
One thing I would suggest is
Clear Memory Cache and Disk Cache
and then retry. Applet class files may
not be loaded
from the server for every
request. Hence if you did something wrong the
first time, realise your error and then
correct it, and try to access it without
restarting your browser or clearing the cache,
I am not sure what happens. I know theoretically
speaking, the files should be loaded again, but
I wouldn't trust this. I prefer Clearing the
Cache first.
For what its worth.
- satya
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic