Kurankyi, You will have 120 minutes for handling 61 questions which is more than enough. However for your comfort let me answer in a different way Out of 61 questions, at least 25-30 questions will be straight forward. I mean these include key word identification, syntax checks, questions on primitives, some simple Java concepts. So if you are good in all the objectives of the exam, you can answer each of these questions in less than 10 seconds. Thats how even if some question takes more time of you, you can still manage the show. One tip for the exam is, answer the simple questions, first. Any question that doesn't get your attention quickly, just mark it for review or leave it for then and move on...that way you can go thru all the 61 Qs wuickly and still answer 25-30 questions in less than 30 minutes...and then take your time to analyze and answer the rest of the questions... Make sure you practice like this on the mock exams so you feel good about this idea. Good Luck
Like most tests, if you prepare decently, you'll find that you have more than enough time to do everything. If you use the "mark for review" strategy, you will most likely find that after your first pass, you will only have a few items left to spend most of your time on. I would venture to say that (after sufficient prep time), you can expect to spend half your time on 80% of the questions, and the rest on the 20%. That was my experience anyways.
Thanks a lot that was excellent advice. My only other fear is that I haven't had too much experience with the 'mark for review' feature. Is there a danger of actually going through a first pass and accidentally hitting a 'Submit' or 'Finished' button when the exam is only half done or are you protected by an 'Are you sure you want to submit' feature if you know what I mean?
posted 14 years ago
It's been a while since I've been in a testing center so I can't quite visualize the testing interface at the moment. But, the point is that you will have plenty of time to do your best. Just relax and take it slow. Make sure you read everything that comes across the screen, and take an extra breath before you click any button. (Or count to 3--worked for me.) That way you have the chance to kick yourself before you prematurely finish the exam, instead of afterwards while you're buying the retest exam. The software does ask for confirmation and so forth before you finish, so it's not like one second you're taking the test, and one click later you're getting your printout with a big fat "fail" on it.
Kurankyi, Don't worry, it takes 3 steps before it starts the final evaluation. So you always have a second chance to come back and review the questions. But one important thing you have to understand is be cool in the testing center. Getting the pass score in this exam is the easiest in the world. So stop worrying about pass/fail. The question is how much score can you get. So be cool and double check every thing that you do in the exam. Don't take things for granted. Trust me...its the simplest exam i have ever attempted!!