Hello friends I have cleared SCJP 5 exam yesterday. It was not as tough as I expected.Here is the path I followed and tips from my side.
I've prepared from SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 5 Study Guide (Exam 310-055) by Katherine Sierra, Bert Bates " , and the publisher is mcgraw hill.
1. Read this book don't look much here and there for jdk 1.5 whatever given in the book is quite enough.
2. Every chapter ends with two sections two minute drill (quick review) and practice exam. Two minute drill is very useful for last day reading and practice exam got very similar kind of quetions what you get in the real exam.
3. Exam given with the book is also very useful.
4. Take mock exams available for jdk 1.4 also and their you skip the applet and swing stuff because that is not in JDK 1.5
5. You can download trial version of Whizlabs exam from their website http://www.whizlabs.com/scjp/scjp-5.0-details.html. It comes with one demo exam and few quiz. It's good to go for it but it's very tough compare to real exam. -There is one trick with whizlabs exam.Let me share it with you ... whizlabs demo exam is good but after completion of demo scjp exam it won't tell you which answers were wrong, means it asks for full version when you tell to grade and evaluate the exam. You can still know that .There is one option called generate exam from incorrect answers which generates the exam from your incorrect answers and There you can grade and evaluate and get the explations of answers also.But try to generate exam only after you run first time and give the demo exam and then generate exam from incorrect coz it takes all incorrect answers you gave so far.
1. How much does the SCJP5 cost? 2. How many of the drag-and-drop questions did you get? 3. Do they tell the number of correct answers. (I know they do but I just want to confirm). 4. How much time did you take to prepare for the exam. 5. How many questions from Generics? Were they tough? Any questions you remember? 6. References you took. (example, xyz.com, JLS ...)
And last, how much did you score?
Sorry for the flurry of questions but I want to give SCJP5 very quick. I am doing it real slow, I need to pull up my socks.