Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

url connection problem

 
tyler jones
Ranch Hand
Posts: 101
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
In my applet, I'm trying to call an .asp page that executes an update against our sql server database. I'm creating a url object and passing in the url to the asp page. I'm getting the following error and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
java.net.UnknownServiceException: no content-type
Here's my code for url portion of the applet...

And here's the code to my asp page...

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: tyler jones ]
 
tyler jones
Ranch Hand
Posts: 101
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I modified my code a bit and I'm getting a different error now. I don't know if I made things better or worse

... and this is the error I'm getting....

com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx[AlarmContainer$AlarmClock.run]: cannot access "www.mysite.com":80
[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: tyler jones ]
 
tyler jones
Ranch Hand
Posts: 101
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nevermind, I figured out that I was getting this because I was opening the htm page on my own machine and the applet was trying to connect to one of our webservers. As soon as I let the applet run from the webserver, it all worked fine. It called the asp page which then updated the database.... wooohooooooo! Now, I can finally finish this project.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic