• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Java Plug-in Issue..

 
Arumugam Kalidass Desikan
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

" I'm having the Problem in downloading the Applets in my application.
IE gets hang while downloading the applet and turns into "Not Responding" status. "

Application developed in JDK1.3.1_09, J2RE1.3.1_02 Env.

currently my machine having the JDK1.4 & j2re 1.4.
Because of the above said application runs in the plug-in 1.3.1_02, i degrade the jdk & j2re
to JDK1.3.1_09 and J2RE1.3.1_02.
I tried all the possibilites like deleting all the files in java folder and regedit,java control panel and re-installed the IE 6, JDK 1.3.1_09 and J2re1.3.1_02.

even though its not working. The browser gets hang and turns into "NOT RESPONDING STATUS"

this case is happening in all machines.(even the machines doesn't have java previously).

Note:
"This application works fine in one of our Remote machine having the configation of JDK1.3.1_09 and J2RE1.3.1_02,IE 6"


Can any one solve this problem.

Thank you
 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Posts: 42969
73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello "Desikan A K"-

Welcome to JavaRanch.

On your way in you may have missed that we have a policy on screen names here at JavaRanch. Basically, it must consist of a first name, a space, and a last name, and not be obviously fictitious. Since yours does not conform with it, please take a moment to change it, which you can do right here.

As to your question, I'm not clear what it's about. Someone is having a problem with ... what, exactly? An applet or an application? What is it that person is trying to do? What is "not responding" - the browser or the server? Give us some more context about what it is you're doing, so that we can help.
 
Arumugam Kalidass Desikan
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ulf Dittmer,
I�m a Q.A Engr working in India. (we have remote machines in US)
One of my build developed in JDK1.3.1_02 and J2RE 1.3.1_02.(It�s web based application).
I just install the build locally and run my application(in browser)
I�m facing the below mentioned problem.
Previously my machine contained jdk & j2re 1.4. version.
When i run the application in the Internet Explorer �Error message occur and shows as

� Java plug-in error� download java plug-in 1.3.1_02.

I download J2RE 1.3.1_02 and installed along with the jdk &j2re1.4 version and run the application. At this time I encountered the error message as

� Java Fatal error 1.3.1� cannot download applet

So I uninstalled all those things and installed the JDK1.3.1_09 and J2RE 1.3.1_02.

At this time, when I run the application in IE
" Browser hangs.(not responding)"

I think the problem with Runtime Environment. [ not in application or any servers ]

Hope now you can understand my problem, awaiting for your reply.

Thank you,
Desikan
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic